Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton rubbish

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The bin strike is on again.

Rubbish (not Kemy Agustien) will be piling up on the streets again.

_68227059_brightonbins2.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The bin strike is on again.

Rubbish (not Kemy Agustien) will be piling up on the streets again.

_68227059_brightonbins2.jpg

What do you mean "will be"? Parts of Portslade hadn't had a collection for four weeks. Today they drove down my friend's road (who had not had a collection for 4 weeks) to get to the street next door and empty that. Then they drove back down hers to let her know they "might" be back later. They came back after another 2 hours.

P**s taking clowns.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What do you mean "will be"? Parts of Portslade hadn't had a collection for four weeks. Today they drove down my friend's road (who had not had a collection for 4 weeks) to get to the street next door and empty that. Then they drove back down hers to let her know they "might" be back later. They came back after another 2 hours.

P**s taking clowns.

Wouldn't happen in Germany.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Would you still say that if your take home money was reduced for no accountable reason?

Didn't they strike and then negotiate the last pay agreement & wasn't the reason equal pay?

Now it looks like they no longer like what they previously agreed so are striking again. Or something.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I guess that's the nature of a union. Give in once and it'll forever be coming back for more (until you abolish it).

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I thought the strike was because the HGV drivers thought they should be on more money than the rest of the crew? Nothing to do with taking a pay cut this is nothing more than greed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolute bunch of pixx taking cxxtz that have been taking the city to the cleaners (or not) for the last 40 years. For a reason unknown to many, they have been able to live in the 70's forever, striking on a whim, working to rule (their rules not the employers?), and generally behaving like we owe them something.

On this occasion a small number of drivers are objecting to others being paid as much as them for doing what they see as a lesser job. This caused by union members voting for equal pay across comparable grades which has cost local authorities a shed load of council tax payers money. Now the lazy, workshy wxxkers want an increase cos they are more skilled than the people they supported in their campaign for equal wages.

The local GMB rep is known to be an utter militant toxxer just chasing self publicity in his chase to the freeloading land of the upper echelons of the TUC and its gravy train. The local crews are doing themselves no favours with this campaign. If these drivers feel so aggrieved they could enter the private sector where HGV drivers are in short supply and earn upwards of £40k per year. But no, as many in the public sector do, they prefer to take shelter under the umbrella of public sector employment and union back up, unable to cope in the real world I guess. The non drivers earn around £19k as a basic, but can increase their wage with overtime, shift allowances, bank holidays and overtime, making a £25-30k wage for an unskilled worker, not too shabby huh?

I for one will be happy to see the service privatised and reduced in capacity to only serve those who NEED their collections, the rest of us could get a small reduction in council tax and take our own rubbish to the tip.

Fxxk 'em.

rexwedge

Aug 22, 2005
worthing
I hate Brighton Bin Minions. Ever been stuck behind them when they actually work ? Fook everyone else and those who need to actually get on. They have
been militant for years. Sack the lot . They let the city down. Get in the real world you luddites.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here