Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heurelho Gomes

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've got a pretty decent keeper ourselves. Apart from the goal on Tuesday, Stockdale has had rank bad luck so far with just about every one of the few shots he's had to save being placed just beyond where he could reasonably have been expected to make a save.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect our strikers etc to have their work cut out to beat Gomes. We gave our best performance of the season so far and were thwarted by the keeper. The same could happen again this week.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gomes has conceded 11 btw - exactly the same as Stockdale, and the highest number of any side in the top 9.

#justsaying

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gomes has conceded 11 btw - exactly the same as Stockdale, and the highest number of any side in the top 9.

#justsaying

That could be because their style is a bit gung ho, similar to ours and their defence isnt all that. We have conceeded the goals despite having 2 good central defenders and defensive midfielders.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would expect our strikers etc to have their work cut out to beat Gomes. We gave our best performance of the season so far and were thwarted by the keeper. The same could happen again this week.

Personally I though the Forest game was a better team performance

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That could be because their style is a bit gung ho, similar to ours and their defence isnt all that. We have conceeded the goals despite having 2 good central defenders and defensive midfielders.

No, its because your bias against our keeper prevents you from having any intelligent thought on the matter. How can you possibly suggest in the very same sentence, that our style is 'gung-ho' but that Stockdale is protected by defensive midfielders. So tedious.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, its because your bias against our keeper prevents you from having any intelligent thought on the matter. How can you possibly suggest in the very same sentence, that our style is 'gung-ho' but that Stockdale is protected by defensive midfielders. So tedious.

On Tuesday we showed that our defence has come to terms with the style SH wants to play and in Greer and Dunk have 2 very good centre backs and they are well covered by Holla and Ince, when he is played. At no time did we look as if we would concede another goal. As regards DS I thought that in the last few games he has improved but it was all undone by a rush of blood to the head on Tuesday. I stood more chance of reaching the ball from my seat in Lower West than him, slight exageration I know but you know what I mean.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On Tuesday we showed that our defence has come to terms with the style SH wants to play and in Greer and Dunk have 2 very good centre backs and they are well covered by Holla and Ince, when he is played. At no time did we look as if we would concede another goal.

What about when one of those very good centre backs, presented the ball to a Cardiff player six yards from goal, with a ridiculous back-header (and his keeper rescued the situation)?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The keeper did all he could and flung himself at the ball and fortunately it worked nothing to do with wanting to do that. Dunk must have assumed that like normal DS was further off his line than he was and nearly paid the price.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The keeper did all he could and flung himself at the ball and fortunately it worked nothing to do with wanting to do that. Dunk must have assumed that like normal DS was further off his line than he was and nearly paid the price.

Hahahahahahahaha

So the save from Stockdale was entirely down to luck, and rather than Dunk fluffing his header, as he looked to have done to everyone else in the ground, it was actually just that Stockdale was in the wrong place to recieve it!

You are priceless. :jester:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I must have been watching the wrong Gomes on The Football League Show then, because the one I've been watching so far this season has been making some shocking errors. :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Learn to read I never said that I said Dunk probably assumed he was nearer to him. The save was not down to luck as again I said he did what comes natural he threw himself at the ball and hoped. It came off this time on another in similar circumstances, it perhaps wouldnt

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here