Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman and Bolton Part Company

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
hardly a suprise. IIRC Bolton were in a dire financial situation. Be interested to see who replaces him.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That has been coming for a while, going back to last season.

I actually think Freedman has many of the qualities you'd want in a manager, but Bolton are crippled by debts and he has had to manage on a shoestring, the results reflect that.

If he wasn't 'Mr Crystal Palace' I'd feel almost sorry for the bloke...

SAC

May 21, 2014
Didn't the Bolton chairman want an end to relegation from the Premiership? He will be asking for an end to relegation from the Championship now.

Freedman getting the sack was only a matter of time.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Would win prize as "Most Unsurprising Football Story of the Year". What a downfall though, will he become another embittered man on the sidelines like George Graham?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hardly surprising, given their start to the season and the fans being on his back for some time.

Good luck to the bloke taking that job on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
hardly a suprise. IIRC Bolton were in a dire financial situation. Be interested to see who replaces him.

To be honest, I think that their financial situation is why this IS a bit of a surprise. He's on a hefty contract, and was surely only still there this long, as they couldn't afford to pay him off?

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
That has been coming for a while, going back to last season.

I actually think Freedman has many of the qualities you'd want in a manager, but Bolton are crippled by debts and he has had to manage on a shoestring, the results reflect that.

If he wasn't 'Mr Crystal Palace' I'd feel almost sorry for the bloke...

he really isn't a very good football manager. trust me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That's not what you were saying when he had Palace flying, and you were all smugly trotting out the line that there was 'no way he'd leave Palace for Bolton'...

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
That's not what you were saying when he had Palace flying, and you were all smugly trotting out the line that there was 'no way he'd leave Palace for Bolton'...

apart from an 8 game streak - he served up a load of dross. he did the same at bolton.
the way the crazy football merry go round works , who knows - he may end up with you lot.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed. But on the bench he always looked SO stressed up, he doesn't look like he enjoys the job at all. Could be another Garcia.

Although, at least Oscar bothered to wash his hair, so one up to the Spaniard, there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would win prize as "Most Unsurprising Football Story of the Year". What a downfall though, will he become another embittered man on the sidelines like George Graham?

Nah that was "Hockaday Sacked As Leeds Boss"

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

You could certainly question his judgment. Leaving Palace for Bolton has been a disaster for him personally.

But he did well at Palace, signed some good players, and was the one to really bring Zaha and other kids on and into the first team while at Palace.

But obviously you don't need Brighton fans to tell you all this, right?

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
You could certainly question his judgment. Leaving Palace for Bolton has been a disaster for him personally.

But he did well at Palace, signed some good players, and was the one to really bring Zaha and other kids on and into the first team while at Palace.

But obviously you don't need Brighton fans to tell you all this, right?

he won 3 in 25 before a brief purple patch. he did make some great signings and give opportunity to some of the young crop - true.
he's still tactically inept and very very boring.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
he won 3 in 25 before a brief purple patch. he did make some great signings and give opportunity to some of the young crop - true.
he's still tactically inept and very very boring.

There's a distinct truth to what XSE25 is saying but then that doesn't stop me wishing he'd stayed etc. Allegedly, and as with all the usual stuff prattled out as fact on football forums it is allegedly, it was Prince Charming who had pressured Dougie to play a more exciting and attacking brand of football which then seemed to get all the players to click. I'm pleased that Dougie's been forced to learn the hard lesson of jumping ship for cash but would now wish him to do well wherever he ends up...short of it being Brighton of course.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Hope Jimmy Phillips gets a shot at taking over the reigns... sooooo happy Palace scum Dougie has gone (birth town club...)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here