Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-031014-l229-1986104_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
11:14 3rd October 2014
by Mollie Bennett
It was a really positive performance and I think that’s the best we’ve played all year, so hopefully that continues."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs was thrilled with his side’s performance in their 5-1 victory at Gillingham, but admits there is still plenty of work to be done.
Albion ran out 5-1 winners at the Priestfield Stadium against Marrs’s former club but he insists improvements can still be made ahead of their trip to Charlton Athletic on Sunday.
“I’m absolutely thrilled with the performance especially after going a goal down. I thought we showed a lot of character and determination in the first half to get back level.
“It was a really positive performance and I think that’s the best we’ve played all year, so hopefully that continues.”[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Albion make the trip to third-placed Charlton on Sunday and Marrs faces a squad selection headache ahead of match.
“There’s a few problems for squad selection for me but they are good problems to have.
“It’s a huge game for us, they are a really good side and have got all their players back and they are scoring a lot of goals.
“They’ll be full of confidence so we just have to make sure we are on our toes and ready for them.
“It’s a case of good habits. We are still nowhere near where we want to be and there are always areas to improve on.
“We’re creating a hell of a lot of chances, it’s just a case of putting it in the back of the net. It’s a positive step forward and hopefully we can continue that momentum.
“We will make sure we do everything we can in preparation for Charlton and we are really looking forward to it.”[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here