Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing in the breach

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Anyone on here as excited as I am about the prospect of a new album by unquestionably the greatest musician ever to set foot on the planet? I'm referring of course to Jackson Browne, who's new album is out on Monday. Anyone from NSC going to see him at The Royal Albert Hall next month? I've seen him in concert 10 times and decided to focus instead on seeing the artists that I've never previously seen in concert. I'm really regretting that decision now........

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
D
Anyone on here as excited as I am about the prospect of a new album by unquestionably the greatest musician ever to set foot on the planet? I'm referring of course to Jackson Browne, who's new album is out on Monday. Anyone from NSC going to see him at The Royal Albert Hall next month? I've seen him in concert 10 times and decided to focus instead on seeing the artists that I've never previously seen in concert. I'm really regretting that decision now........

I have been a massive fan and have probably seen him close to ten times too. The last time, at the Dome, I was disappointed, thought that his best days were behind him and his voice had gone. Love him to prove me wrong but his recent albums are more nostalgia than anything current or relevant.

Is he touring with a full band including David Lindley's or is it another "need the bucks" solo tour. He is so much better with a full band imo.

Like you I am now concentrating on other bands, Wilco and Dawes being two I'd go out of my way to see.

Late for Sky remains an album I keep coming back to though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just noticed the title of the album. It's gonna be another political rant isn't it? :smile:

Just had a listen to the preview, Love the Birds of St Mark's, I'll definitely be downloading the album regardless!

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I haven't seen him live since '88 but I'll be looking out for the new album.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
He's got a full band that sounds quite promising. His contribution to the music scene is still massively significant, by endorsing and encouraging the likes of Dawes, Jonathan Wilson and Cory Chisel. Obviously his best days are behind him, but I've come to the conclusion that looking for the new Jackson Browne is a bit like looking for the new George Best. Forty years on and we're still searching in vain. That level of talent only manifests itself once per generation, if you're really lucky. I feel privileged to have followed their careers and met them both. Jason Isbell and Ryan Adams are exceptional talents and I've seen them both in concert in London this year. However, I wouldn't put them in the same league as Jackson Browne.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here