You dumb ****s...

Attachments

• By8_30eIIAALLY-.jpg
    By8_30eIIAALLY-.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 797

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
£600k down the drain, now they know it was banksy they want him back to do another one, I'd say **** off you racists *****.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
As a piece of art, it should now be priceless. A 'Banksy-ed' Banksy is the sort of concept the Turner Prize judges would cream their collective Calvins over, as a piece of detournement :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Excellent article below sums up my thoughts on it better than i can

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rict-council-destroyed-immigration?CMP=twt_gu

It comes as a genuine shock, then, that a council has removed one of his paintings instead of calling in the valuers

what garbage, councils routinely destroy Banksy and others artist if its on their property, lest they are seen to allow graffiti. frankly its a good thing too, otherwise some places would be coverd by immitators and the style would lose its cache.

i dont believe that had a single complaint about it, its just a daft excuse.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
what garbage, councils routinely destroy Banksy and others artist if its on their property, lest they are seen to allow graffiti. frankly its a good thing too, otherwise some places would be coverd by immitators and the style would lose its cache.

Zzzzzzz

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

I can't recall a single Banksy being destroyed by any council anywhere, never mind routinely. ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't recall a single Banksy being destroyed by any council anywhere, never mind routinely. ???

Bristol council had a big dispute with a youth club as to who actually owned a Banksy. It was then donated to the youth club by Banksy himself.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

tower hamlets, camden, islington, bristol have all painted over or power washed Banksy and similar artists work. i recal a story of one where the council removed one that was actually on private property and the owner sued them.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hark at all the chardonnay slurping middle class gaurdian reading snobs sneering at clacton.

The two faced article begins,

From Bristol to New York, this street artist has made his reputation by wittily mocking power and money.

Yes but this is neither power or money, more like poor people worried about a flood of cheap labour but dressed up by the grauniadistas as racism.

A good comment on the page sums it up,

"The trouble is that Banksy has failed to understand that the English poor aren't afraid of foreigners at all. They're afraid of living in poverty and being homeless due to the huge influx of people from eastern Europe who are prepared to work for a pittance and live 10 to a house in areas of already limited housing. English workers accustomed to higher living standards don't want to be part of a race to the bottom. This is what most middle class Guardian contributors don't understand."

FTR I dont see the artwork as racist. I see it as rude, patronising, condesending and political. Deserved to be scrubbed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Er I can.

I've never understood the fascination with him. It's hardly clever is it ?

I tend to agree with Charlie Brooker in that his work looks dazzlingly clever to idiots.

One Nation under CCTV - was he the last to notice ?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Er I can.

I tend to agree with Charlie Brooker in that his work looks dazzlingly clever to idiots.

One Nation under CCTV - was he the last to notice ?

Not sure what that's got to do with my post ?

All I stated was I'd not heard of any other council that had destroyed a Banksy. Which is true, I hadn't.
What Banksy gets up to isn't my business I neither support or condemn his work. I do however think it's surprising that the Council as they now concur obliterated something that would have been a considerable attraction to their promenade. All because someone was unable to decode the irony of the pic and actually destroyed something that was anti-racist.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Er I can.

?

He would know ( I like Charlie Brooker)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here