Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Palace beat San Marino?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
.err - yes. As would any Premier League or Championship side. They have one professional player.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
In fairness, any Premier League team should be capable of beating San Marino. They play against teams of a higher standard week in week out.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What an odd question. I would wager more Championship teams would beat them than not, let alone Premiership teams.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd say a midtable PL team could beat most international teams outside the top 25.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I would suggest that a League 2 team would probably scrape it.

That's not meant as a glib putdown of the San Marino team, more as an acceptance that any fully professional team would have a huge advantage over them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Neil Warnock is a footballing dinosaur, not that this has any relevance to San Marino.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
There's a handful of Confrence sides who'd give those no-hope, tinpot rank amateurs a close game.

However, they'd still probably beat San Marino

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You see I think the answer is no.

And I'll tell you for why. One is an international team and the other is a club team. They will never play each other. Therefore I do not believe that Palace would beat San Marino.

I hope that's cleared that up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

And I'll tell you for why. One is an international team and the other is a club team. They will never play each other. Therefore I do not believe that Palace would beat San Marino.

Clearly you've never seen my seven year old on his old £1 copy of PES2011.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Nice back tracking :thumbsup: :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England would do well to give the newer members some game time in this one. Although forwards wouldn't want to miss out on a buffet match.

As for Estonia, we can't underestimate them at home. They drew with Netherlands in the last qualifiers, with only an injury time penalty saving the Dutch.

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
All of the Premier teams, and the top half of the championship would beat these minnows.
Even yourselves would fancy putting away one of the numerous chances you create.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Not at all. We played Cyprus in a pre-season friendly once. Beat them 6-0 I think.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not at all. We played Cyprus in a pre-season friendly once. Beat them 6-0 I think.

I'm not sure that we have ever played Cyprus, but we have played a Gibraltar XI, a Nigerian XI, the East German Olympic squad, Israel and New Zealand.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure that we have ever played Cyprus, but we have played a Gibraltar XI, a Nigerian XI, the East German Olympic squad, Israel and New Zealand.
Pretty sure it was Cyprus - back in the 70's - but can't find any confirmation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here