Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebola

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

How prepared are we in the UK, where is the plan from the government. We are chasing ISIS, yet the bigger threat at the end of the day could be Ebola. It's quite worrying what is going on at the moment.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't fret. Glaxo Smithkline Beecham have announced they are currently fast tracking medication and immunisation. Should keep their bank balance healthy.

Perhaps I'll be less cynical when I'm lying on a gurney with my lungs leaking out of my jap's eye.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How prepared are we in the UK, where is the plan from the government. We are chasing ISIS, yet the bigger threat at the end of the day could be Ebola. It's quite worrying what is going on at the moment.

seriously why havnt you stocked up on Spam? The Rapture is coming!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I may be wrong but isn't Ebola spread via bodily fluids?

It's feasible that it could get here via a few isolated cases but to spread to unmanageable levels would surely require some sort of mutation.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's only spreading so quickly in Africa because vast swathes of the population haven't got a schoolboy about hygiene. I'm more concerned for the huge amount of orphans this is creating, reports of newly orphaned kids as young as 6 being forced into the sex and slave industry are already circulating.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Shouldn't we nuke Africa? We just want to be safe, that's all, from a disease that has to date nearly killed one person outside of Africa.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think it is safe to assume, that despite the chief medical officer and the ministries of health and home affairs not asking you to personally cast your eye over the contingency and action plans, a set of deliverables are actually committed to paper in the tragic event we get a spread in these islands.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Whilst Ebola is certainly a threatening player, But i think that ISIS definitely loooks more dangerous when it comes to the threat against western sides

I expect there will be some who think that Ebola will be a cheaper and more effective option to persue, but ISIS hasalready been shown to act without mercy and is a ruthless finisher. It may be a case that ISIS could just turn out to be a big fish in a small pond and turn out to be a waste of our hard earned cash when moving to a new country as defenses are much tougher.

But fingers crossed it all goes well and we go after the best option for our side and maybe we may even end up with enough cash left of to get Ebola too.

The trouble is i am not sure how either will fit into Sami's plans, whether there is enough money left over even after the sale of Buckley and Ulloa and whether they will offer any more of a threat to the opponents goal than Colunga, Baldock, CMS, Tex and COG.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its more afraid of us than we are or it.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Don't fret. Glaxo Smithkline Beecham have announced they are currently fast tracking medication and immunisation. Should keep their bank balance healthy.

Perhaps I'll be less cynical when I'm lying on a gurney with my lungs leaking out of my jap's eye.

Exactly. Same thing happened with Swine Flu... The scaremongering and mass hysteria soon fizzled out after all of the vaccinations were sold and dished out in millions by the company Donald Rumsfeld had heavy ties with. I don't remember hearing a peep about it after that.

It's all propeganda to make money and create fear. I can't believe people still fall for it.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
image.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They are saying it could become airborne.

Some are saying it already is and that's why it's spreading so fast.

Worrying.

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
So 3,300 people have so far died across about three countries over 4 months - not really worthy of mass panic is it - given that probably a million plus died in the same period in Africa from Malaria - i know where I think the money should be spent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here