Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pedophile hunter (channel 4)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Another wasted hour of my life watching 100% guilty c***s get away with their crimes! If meeting a disabled 11 year old girl for sex when you're 46 gets you released without charge then f*** knows what you've gotta do to get banged up nowadays.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Another wasted hour of my life watching 100% guilty c***s get away with their crimes! If meeting a disabled 11 year old girl for sex when you're 46 gets you released without charge then f*** knows what you've gotta do to get banged up nowadays.

I thought it was a good programme and those fellas were doing some more worthy than my job, they are trying to expose these sick individuals and stop them. I presume that they will have a criminal record which states the facts even if they have a suspended sentence. Yes some will no doubt get away with their crimes and the chap your on about I no doubt is already known to the police as he knew what to say straight away in denial that he was doing nothing wrong visiting a house were the parents were supposed to be out of an eleven year old with autism.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sadly,it is rife in all elements of society. Far more widespread than people imagine. The judiciary hand out leniency because some of them have leanings and sympathy. They don't see it as the heinous offence that the rest of us do.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I thought it was a good programme and those fellas were doing some more worthy than my job, they are trying to expose these sick individuals and stop them. I presume that they will have a criminal record which states the facts even if they have a suspended sentence. Yes some will no doubt get away with their crimes and the chap your on about I no doubt is already known to the police as he knew what to say straight away in denial that he was doing nothing wrong visiting a house were the parents were supposed to be out of an eleven year old with autism.

didnt you find the whole programme just left a nasty taste in the mouth.

Im sure everyone wants these people exposed but i remain unconvinced this is the best way forward,case in point one of the people they caught and detailed online killed himself and left a child fatherless.

Would much prefer those employed to do so dealt with this(Police and social services) and subsequently then through the courts,(yes i understand ive opened up comparisons to Rotherham,Rochdale etc etc and their failings) but i would rather them than a vigilante style system.

It would appear those tasked to do this work are massively underfunded and understaffed,that certainly needs to be addressed immediately.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Apart from the bloke who got a 3 year sentence the others all recieved suspended sentences... That in itself is unbelievable after viewing this, how do they come to the conclusion that a suspended sentence is the correct punishment? I genuinely felt very uncomfortable watching.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Apart from the bloke who got a 3 year sentence the others all recieved suspended sentences... That in itself is unbelievable after viewing this, how do they come to the conclusion that a suspended sentence is the correct punishment? I genuinely felt very uncomfortable watching.

it does seem odd to us looking in,i can only think the people involved must have had computers etc confiscated and the evidence drove the courts decision.
It did look like the people caught were "chancers" (i have nothing to back that up) as opposed to the worst perverts,the worst serial abusers who take years to groom a child who would i suspect never be caught by an online sting like this

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
didnt you find the whole programme just left a nasty taste in the mouth.

Im sure everyone wants these people exposed but i remain unconvinced this is the best way forward,case in point one of the people they caught and detailed online killed himself and left a child fatherless.

Would much prefer those employed to do so dealt with this(Police and social services) and subsequently then through the courts,(yes i understand ive opened up comparisons to Rotherham,Rochdale etc etc and their failings) but i would rather them than a vigilante style system.

It would appear those tasked to do this work are massively underfunded and understaffed,that certainly needs to be addressed immediately.

It was uncomfortable watching yes, but I applaud these people because he is doing something worthwhile instead of getting into more trouble. He was abused in childcare and although he said it was not a factor it clearly was and as someone who has been in childcare and affected I can only come down on the side of these vigilantes. Yes it would be better if the police did the trapping and catching, but I doubt the success rate is much better and one of the policemen in the show did allude that he thought they were doing a good job. As for the man who took his own life, his partner admitted she thought that Stinson heart was in the right place and agreed these things need to brought out in the open. The fact he killed himself no pity sorry, who is to say he would not gone on to abuse his own child or more likely as it happens her friends as she got older....

Sad world out there.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The chaps orchestrating the honey trap were doing a great service to society. They should be employed and trained by the police imo.

The letter he got stating that the was effectively meddling in something he could not help was clearly political. Although most got suspended sentences, they were found guilty and will now be monitored. As far as the bloke who topped himself goes, his daughter could have possibly been saved from years of abuse.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Why would the parents of an 11 year old with autism leave her at home on her own anyway?!?!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Uncomfortable viewing.

You can only imagine that these sickos must be getting laid regularly by youngsters to continue with this

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why would the parents of an 11 year old with autism leave her at home on her own anyway?!?!

Ask Jimmy Saville he did not seem to mind if they were alive or dead !!!

Did you watch the programme as it was a trap, there was no girl.

What you have to keep in mind is these people are desperate and sick they will stop at nothing to gratify their depraved cravings.

watchmen_conceptart_DrfDt.png

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If meeting a disabled 11 year old girl for sex when you're 46 gets you released without charge then f*** knows what you've gotta do to get banged up nowadays.

Tax evasion or credit card fraud has a much higher chance of jail time. It's a sick society.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
The police are too busy arresting people for the little minor things when they should be funding more into this kind of thing, it was uncomfortable to watch as all i was thinking was "Sick C**ts" the whole time, one of the last ones they showed (the guy that actually ended up in court) i remember watching that online last year when he put it up and it went viral. i applaud him and his mates for all the work they put into this, yeah it turned out to be someone that committed suicide but i agree when he said why should i feel sorry? he was willing to meet with an underage girl for sex and i would hated to know what he would do with other girl if he had still been alive

You could see how much it meant to him when he found out the guy was found guilty considering the past he had and by looks of things no-one got convicted when he got abused

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/stinson-hunter-expartner-of-man-who-killed-himself-after-paedophile-hunter-sting-warns-social-media-use-could-spark-violent-witch-hunts-9771032.html?lsdkjf

Everyone who thinks he is doing great work, has no consideration of the collateral damage he and his mates are causing. Its a very blinkered and naive way of dealing with a problem that he has no experience or training to deal with, for both the victims and the suspects.

What about people with mental illnesses, severe learning difficulties. Are they to be treated the same as everyone else?

What about the innocent families involved, the ex-wife of the man who committed suicide had to deal with the grief that comes with having all the details posted online, why should she have to have that?

What if these idiots are f*cking up some larger operation, throwing millions of pounds and man hours down the drain because they wanted to capture one bloke at a time, that will inevitably get thrown out by the CPS because the 'evidence' has been released on social media.

The very basic element of due process in our judiciary, That of innocent till proven guilty. Ho completely ignores that.

Vigilantism is a very dangerous form of policing, there is no accountability or due process. Three blokes working in bedroom... How can this go wrong.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/stinson-hunter-expartner-of-man-who-killed-himself-after-paedophile-hunter-sting-warns-social-media-use-could-spark-violent-witch-hunts-9771032.html?lsdkjf

Everyone who thinks he is doing great work, has no consideration of the collateral damage he and his mates are causing. Its a very blinkered and naive way of dealing with a problem that he has no experience or training to deal with, for both the victims and the suspects.

What about people with mental illnesses, severe learning difficulties. Are they to be treated the same as everyone else?

What about the innocent families involved, the ex-wife of the man who committed suicide had to deal with the grief that comes with having all the details posted online, why should she have to have that?

What if these idiots are f*cking up some larger operation, throwing millions of pounds and man hours down the drain because they wanted to capture one bloke at a time, that will inevitably get thrown out by the CPS because the 'evidence' has been released on social media.

The very basic element of due process in our judiciary, That of innocent till proven guilty. Ho completely ignores that.

Vigilantism is a very dangerous form of policing, there is no accountability or due process. Three blokes working in bedroom... How can this go wrong.
Guilty until proven innocent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here