Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paris hotel recomendations please

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Must be with parking under £70 per night

looking at Ibis chain at the moment.

Any recommendations?
I think there are plenty of hotels in Paris with parking under £70. However the bedroom will be a lot more!

You could try Holiday Inn, Montparnasse Pasteur, but not sure about £70. We stayed there with kids. Had a family room with view of Eiffel Tower, also close to Metro.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Any recommendations?

You have no chance of staying at a decent hotel with that budget. The Mercure Tour Eiffel is excellent for the price and well located but you are looking at £130-150 a night. Your budget will get you into an average hotel on the paris outskirts or a 1-2 star hotel/B & B in the centre.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Do you mean the centre of Paris?
On that budget and with parking you will stand a much better chance on the outskirts maybe near the airport or on a major road leading into Paris, much like many cities.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
How about air bnb? It's very popular in France and there are a load of lovely cheap apartments.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
You'd be better off with something like airbnb for sure.

https://www.airbnb.com/

And then using something like this to book your space http://www.parkingsdeparis.com/EN/

When you're searching for somewhere try the 13th arrondissement. It's one of the cheaper places to stay, but TBH with the RER and the metro you can get to all the central places within 15 minutes.

Even the 12th if you are anywhere near lines 1 or 6 it's easy to get to the more obvious places.

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Sorry but at £70 you won't.get anywhere above a glorified hostel in central paris. Even a budget chain will be at least £120 a night anywhere central. Some of the outskirts of Paris are rough so I wouldn't recommend staying in Paris unlesd you can increase your budget considerably !

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Any recommendations?

people are talking balls,you can easily get a central hotel with parking for £70

depending on if you are travelling mon- thur or weekend,the former is more expensive.

i have stayed in the Ibis gare du nord a few times(there are two,one has parking) rooms in advance slightly under or around £60 mark,private parking at hotel which you have to pay for think was around 15 euro mark per day

couple of minutes walk to the metro and whole city easy access

its Ibis so dont expect wonders but its clean,pleasant and 24 hr bar.....result

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Sorry but at £70 you won't.get anywhere above a glorified hostel in central paris. Even a budget chain will be at least £120 a night anywhere central. Some of the outskirts of Paris are rough so I wouldn't recommend staying in Paris unlesd you can increase your budget considerably !

You're actually more at risk in the tourist areas.

(I live in Paris)

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A couple of years ago I had a meeting in Belleville in the North East of Paris and stayed here: http://www.hotel-perdrixrouge-paris.com/. It was basic but fine and quite an interesting area, no tourists and quite lively local cafes. It was much cheaper than being more central, and street parking could be easier (although I didn't drive).You can also get into the centre of town quickly by Metro. Don't do what a friend of mine did, which was to go just a bit further out to Montreuil, as it was very cheap. He ended up staying on the set of 'La Haine'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here