Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last night A23 closed.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
What buffoon decided to close the A23 (north) for roadworks on a matchday? if it had to be closed at least do it at midnight after the post game rush had passed,
Had to divert to A24 did not pick up the M25 until Leatherhead, added 30 mins on my journey home. Didnt get in until 1.10 AM

Thats all..

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
This quite often happens, for midweek home games, certainly 2 or 3 times before. I seem to remember that after "the game we don't talk about" it happened as well. Not a major problem for me as I live in Horsham but must be a ball ache for others going further, don't suppose Cardiff fans were too pleased

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Are they nearly finished with the A23?

Current Progress: September 2014
The project has now moved into its final construction phase with both southbound and northbound traffic running in Lanes 1 and 2 of their respective carriageways. Work is now being concentrated in the central area to complete Lane 3 in each direction and construct the central reserve barrier to complete the final construction phase.
Works will continue through into November to resurface lengths of A23 at either end of the widening scheme and this will be carried out overnight with closures of the A23.

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
Skipped through back lanes Bolney village up to handcross and then Pease pottage added only maybe 10mins back in maidenhead by 11:45!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Signs are up at both ends of the roadworks and on any sliproads saying when the night closures happen aren't they ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The A23 is pissing me off. Everyone seems to go via Hassocks now, making my journey a pain in the backside. I used to get to work 30 minutes early, now it is 5/10 minutes at best. Hopefully they will finish the works soon.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Closed far less on match days than the Brighton line, which of course is also closed during the day at weekends not just late evenings, far more mayhem for train users

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Swindon, not sure what happened to you. I followed my satnav and lost no minutes, getting back to Northampton ten minutes to midnight. Er, with a speeding camera flash on the M1. The *******s.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
This quite often happens, for midweek home games, certainly 2 or 3 times before. I seem to remember that after "the game we don't talk about" it happened as well. Not a major problem for me as I live in Horsham but must be a ball ache for others going further, don't suppose Cardiff fans were too pleased

I had to drive to London after that game, and got stuck in roadworks on the M23 that I had not heard or seen any warning for. I was desperate for the khazi and for a coffee, so stopped at Pease Pottage. The blighters were everywhere round the service station and then, stuck on the M23, a load in a car were gyrating away and laughing their heads off. To say I felt sick is an understatement.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
On another travel issues a late falmer train by 3 minutes had a knock on effect at kings cross so missed my connection and got home In Norfolk at 3am instead on 1am. Still worth it though

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Skipped through back lanes Bolney village up to handcross and then Pease pottage added only maybe 10mins back in maidenhead by 11:45!

I also went via the back lanes to come out at Pease Pottage - along the M23 at Gatwick only to find they'd closed the A217 to Reigate which was a bit of a pain because that's the road our house is on! Added an extra 20 minutes diverting via Redhill to come down the A217 from the North!

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nightmare last night because the journey down had been a total ball-breaker taking 2 hours to get round the M25/M23.
Didn't see any warning signs on the way down which would have been nice :nono:
Fortunately they were just removing the cones blocking the M40 turn-off (again no warnings) so the delay proved helpful. Otherwise I'd have been totally buggered!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here