Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

18 mins extended cardiff highlights now up on Player

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Happened to me too , its fecked. When this happened last season I watched it without a problem the following day.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Cardiff's youtube account has more than ours.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Someone's dropped the needle on the wax disc that player uses for recording and playing highlights. I'm 68 and stopped using.............well I've never used wax discs I'm not old enough. Anyway, if the Football league think it's good enough for them it's probably about their level. :timmy:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Haven't tried it yet but am used to the constant freezing.
If the weekly streams continue I won't be renewing my account this month.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Haven't tried it yet but am used to the constant freezing.
If the weekly streams continue I won't be renewing my account this month.

Cancelled mine three months ago. I could shoot better quality from my Mrs 7 yr old phone

Nobody should be endorsing that crap really, and the response from the club is inconsistent, Barber recently said they were all over the FL about it, yet the FL renewed the contract with Perform this summer!!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Cancelled mine three months ago. I could shoot better quality from my Mrs 7 yr old phone

Nobody should be endorsing that crap really, and the response from the club is inconsistent, Barber recently said they were all over the FL about it, yet the FL renewed the contract with Perform this summer!!

Yep. Couldn't believe it when I heard they'd renewed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Could someone explain the word 'extended' to me when it has been used in this context ? A match is 90 minutes or so, how does 18 minutes make it 'extended' ?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Could someone explain the word 'extended' to me when it has been used in this context ? A match is 90 minutes or so, how does 18 minutes make it 'extended' ?

Extended highlights, as opposed to just highlights which would be just the key moments

Extended as opposed to just highlights, which are usually up relatively soon after the game.

Extended highlights are - well - extended (i.e.) longer and usually go up Sunday afternoon for Saturday games or the next afternoon or sometimes later after mid week games

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I note that Cardiff's previous extended highlights are of the whole match. I'm glad we don't have their commentator though, as he sounds like his day job is commentating on horse racing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The FL usually just release 4 minutes. Extended highlights are usually 12-18 minutes on Seagulls Player, but some clubs release the whole match.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I note that Cardiff's previous extended highlights are of the whole match. I'm glad we don't have their commentator though, as he sounds like his day job is commentating on horse racing.

Mind you he likes that Looer Looer who plays for us

We played some lovely stuff and Cardiff won't come up against many teams who run them as ragged as we did.

Interesting that their highlights slowed down and magnified the hand ball incident which was a blatant punch but difficult for the ref to see.

Really entertaining evening and worth every penny .... expect the pies & beer :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here