Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Promised to take my son to a Barcelona home game this season - Where do i start?!

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
In need of some advice please:

Promised my 7yr old boy that this season i would take him to watch a Barcelona game at the Nou Camp.

Thats about as far as my planning has gone, and not wanted to crush his dream i feel i really need to get my arse in gear and work out logistics!

So.... what happens next?

Where can you go to purchase tickets for the game?
Need to arrange flights from Gatwick to Barcelona - is the stadium close to the airport?
I'm guessing i will need to arrange a hotel for the night after the game as prob be a late finish and too much to travel there and back in a day? plus be nice to see the city at night!

Thanks in advance! :)

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/info-tickets

Barca.jpg

EasyJet flies to the airport just outside the city.

City Mapper (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/citymapper-ultimate-transport/id469463298?mt=8) app now covers Barcalona, so travel in the city is incredibly easy.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Will a 7 year old really appreciate being so high up in the ground he won't recognise Messi, unless of course you are made of money

Get to Barca the day before, kill 1 bird with 2 stones (as Matteo would say) get the tour bus that goes near the Camp Nou. Get off an purchase decent seats that are not in the Gods without paying an agent/hotel. If taking a youngun beware I have exited that stadium after midnight.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I went for my stag do a couple of years ago. Pitch side seats, on the half way line around 10-15 rows back were €130. Tickets purchased on the day.
Would recommend you do the full stadium tour to see the scale of stadium. But before you do beware you are like ants being moved around the tour, there is no guide.

Also beware if booking in advance as kick off times may move.

Get to Barca the day before, kill 1 bird with 2 stones (as Matteo would say) get the tour bus that goes near the Camp Nou. Get off an purchase decent seats that are not in the Gods without paying an agent/hotel. If taking a youngun beware I have exited that stadium after midnight.

Also ended up leaving after midnight and the tube system had closed,the little rev family had a long walk before jumping into a cab:moo:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Buy your tickets through ticketmaster.es (the spanish ticket master) then you know you aren't being ripped off.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For flights, we flew recently with Vueling which is the Spanish low cost airline and were very good.

We've also booked for next year with Norwegian Air which again is cheap and their flights come out before Easyjet and Ryanair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here