Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this a 2 season team?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Slowly come good this season, finish a respectable 10th or thereabouts and then storm the Championship in 15/16?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Slowly come good this season, finish a respectable 10th or thereabouts and then storm the Championship in 15/16?

I'd like us to just avoid relegation like Palace and Charlton last season and storm to promotion next season. It seems teams who really struggle one season then get promoted the following season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

That depends on when we get a striker capable of scoring goals

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Can't see how it can be a 2 season team with so many key players on loan or out of contract at the end of the season. It will be another rebuilding job in the summer again, unless we get some contracts sorted and players signed in the next transfer window.

SAC

May 21, 2014
No, this season two of the three relegated teams are struggling at the moment and Norwich aren't exactly running away with it. This season is ripe for coming in the top 6, next season the three relegated teams may adjust to life in the Championship better making if harder to get a top six place.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

No, because our Modus Operandi is to sell the best players each season. Will March and Ince still be at the albion next year ???

Next season we will be without Bennett, Gardner, and Tex anyway.

Most of the defence is out of contract at the end of the season.

It'll be a completely different team next year, and we'll start all over again. We simply do not build teams for more than 1 season.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
We simply do not build teams for more than 1 season.

Exactly.

If we sell all our best players, then replace them with loan signings, (because apparently, you can 'cherry-pick' lots of good players who can't get into Premiership squads) we are always going to be in transition.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have no idea where this team will finish, but I've changed my mind after the last two performance - there is definitely hope yet. We've played a quarter of the season, so plenty of time to climb the table.

I think it needs Chris O'Grady to start regularly and form an understanding with our attack-minded players and it needs Stockdale to stop dropping clangers because they undermine the defence. I think both are perfectly capable of fulfilling these requirements inside 3 or 4 weeks.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this time in the 2011/12 season Reading were well down the league and went up as champions
this season certainly is not over yet, the more I hear Sami the more I like .................I am sure/hope it will come right ,we have plenty of time yet
half full

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can see us doing well enough to stay in touch until the end of end of December, then off loading one of the current strikers and signing the man we need to get into the top 6.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
No, this season two of the three relegated teams are struggling at the moment and Norwich aren't exactly running away with it. This season is ripe for coming in the top 6, next season the three relegated teams may adjust to life in the Championship better making if harder to get a top six place.

De ja vu? This has been said every year we've been in the championship, every year the relegated teams have struggled.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
having now watched the extended highlights
I honestly do not think we are in trouble, especially if with a little luck our left back might have scored a hattrick

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We'd still need to buy a striker by the looks of it.

Striker or someone who creates good quality chances for the strikers on a regular basis? No good having the best finisher in the game if he doesn't get an opportunity to shoot because of lack of quality in the build up.

This team needs time (and possibly consistancy in our line up) to find and work to each others strengths and to be able to aticipate moves and fashion good chances rather than a lot of hit and hope type deliveries or balls played into dead ends for the forwards to chase - Hopefully it will come good soon and the signs in recent games are that this is improving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here