Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrest in park and ride queue last night?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Anyone know what was going on as everyone was marching up to park and ride at final whistle? Looked like a woman wearing Brighton sweatshirt had been arrested and in handcuffs, and an older chap was pretty upset nearby. Police van came along to pick her up.

Curious!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I remember her shouting 'I can't breathe' for about 4 minuets... Must have been a serious incident to justify 8 policeman and a van, littering maybe? :moo:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We walked past it - girl on the ground with about 4 police on top of her, shouting "Get off me, I can't breathe".

Also noticed older bloke looking upset sitting on the Kerb, but what was going on.... I am also curious.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Police officer with the camcorder recorded the whole thing. She kept shouting "I haven't done anything", so why not just chill out then and calm down instead of letting the police go to the trouble of taking you down to the floor?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Police officer with the camcorder recorded the whole thing. She kept shouting "I haven't done anything", so why not just chill out then and calm down instead of letting the police go to the trouble of taking you down to the floor?
This may come as a surprise but the police aren't always right and are sometimes very heavy handed.

Another surprise may be that if you are abused or assaulted by people in authority you don't always react or behave in a really calm, collected and logical way.

I know nothing about the incident but wouldn't suddenly assume the woman was in the wrong or the police were in the right.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If she was resisting arrest, the police are entitled to use force. The real question is what did she actually do?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I assumed it would be David Marshall for stealing two points

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Problem with the police these days is they watch to many U.S police shows and they act like them now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
did they tazer her!

punk:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Arrest in park and ride queue last night?

I have a rest in the Mill road P&R every week. It's those last 100 yards up Dyke Road Avenue that do for me

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Problem with the police these days is they watch to many U.S police shows and they act like them now.

Problem with civilians these days is they watch to many U.S. police shows and they act up while their friends record the action on their phones to try and get a compensation claim

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They were very keen to get the van down the road against the flow of 23,000 people try to get in the bus queue. Police never over react do they, except when they are on the Tele being sworn at by some toe-rag, and your'e thinking, he needs a good slap, and they do nothing. Beats me.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Problem with civilians these days is they watch to many U.S. police shows and they act up while their friends record the action on their phones to try and get a compensation claim

What does "act up" mean to you?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Heard her saying she 'just wanted to know if her dad was ok' and the bloke on the kerb pretty incoherent. Probably a family piss up turned silly

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Was anyone heard shouting 'Leave it! Leave it!'

Very disappointing if not

Sadly no although pretty sure I heard a lad squeak 'cool your jets big boy'

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've been to plenty of football matches and have witness antisocial behaviour and some vile individuals directing abuse towards police but never witness officers using force in fact often they choose to ignore it dispite it being over the top...With this in mind I can only begin to speculate what may or may not have happened

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I've been to plenty of football matches and have witness antisocial behaviour and some vile individuals directing abuse towards police but never witness officers using force in fact often they choose to ignore it dispite it being over the top...With this in mind I can only begin to speculate what may or may not have happened

The girl appeared a little drunk was only 17 18 or so, tried to phone her mum, police caused her to drop her phone as she picked it up about 8 police pinned her down. Looked like a complete over reaction to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here