Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett and Gardner

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolute class. Bennett has an ENGINE. Motoring right up to the last minute. Well done sponsors for picking a good MoM.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Bennett's best game by a mile, and he actually did some defending too. Good to the right man get MotM.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gardner has a THUMPING strike when he connects. He will definitely score a thunder******* or two in his time here

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Agree. Great additions.
Gardner is getting better and better. Am looking forward to seeing him, Holla and Stephens playing together.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our fullbacks look like our most deadly attacking options at the moment, both in terms of supply and attempts on goal...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Both had very good games last night. That was the first time I'd properly seen Gardner play and he did extremely well, some of those long, raking passes were majestic. Bennett was excellent, a worthy man of the match. I was worried his confidence would go after that clash with Pilkington early on but they got next to nothing in terms of going forward down the left.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Bennet v. good. After that performance from Gardner, no more Crofts, please. Our midfield was superb last night. Some great passing from Gardner, Holla, and JFC. Some really spiky performances.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Been very critical of Bennett, however am happy to admit I was wrong. He was fantastic last night.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agree. Great additions.
Gardner is getting better and better. Am looking forward to seeing him, Holla and Stephens playing together.

Yep i agree this could well be our best central 3 when all fit.

Stephens is back running.... still sounds a long way off to me though

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bennet v. good. After that performance from Gardner, no more Crofts, please. Our midfield was superb last night. Some great passing from Gardner, Holla, and JFC. Some really spiky performances.

yep no suprise from me that all our good performances this season have been when someone has not been playing in our central 3

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bennett was class last night, but there were countless times in the first half when he was in ACRES of space, and never got a sniff of the ball. When he did, towards the end, it resulted with a decent effort that trickled just wide.

I'm loving the tempo and seeing how far forward he and Bruno are getting to pressure the opposition.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bennett and Gardner were both very good last night, Gardner protected Bruno very well filled in for him at times and made some solid passes, both on another night could have ended up with two each. Gardners left footed shot from the edge of the area was a better save than first thought as the replay showed it took a deflection wrong footing Marshell who of course managed to change direction and make the save.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Much better from Gardener last night. I was concerned that he was marking time, like Savage did, until returning to his club. Last night proved me wrong.

Bennett was very good, his best game for us.

Dec 29, 2011
What are the chances either one of them would sign for us at the end of the season? Two good young prospects we should be looking at to build for the future.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry to go against the flow, but the jury is out on Bennett for me, good going forward but not so good defensively from what I've seen (I didn't go to Forest). Charlton at home, Brentford away are the two examples I'd give. He did play better last evening though, but wasn't really tested defensively.

Gardner good like the majority of the team for 20 mins, then not so good thereafter.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gardner pinged what was probably the best long pass i have witnessed last night.He also had a few other beauties as well.Absolute class.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just to counter the numerous "Gardner is shit" bla bla bla threads. As the adage says - you're only as good as your last game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here