Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to give Walton first team action

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I think it's time to give Walton first team action now, can't do any worse than stockdale the waste of 1m.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Personally I think Stockdale has the makings of the poorest first choice goalie in my lifetime. His positional sense is non existent. He has a lot of improvement to make. Agree that it is probably early days for Walton.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
utter ARSEHAT.

Most of what Stockdale does is bloody good. He's reassuring and I don't get that "Oh f**k" feeling as I did when Brez was anywhere near the ball. We've conceded one goal in 4 games. Hardly shipping for fun.

Had one more of our 26 shots gone in last night, this would not even be a discussion.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Because that will do him a world of good, yet another blow to his confidence. In any case I suspect Ankergren would be given the nod seeing as he's made the bench most games.

I don't want to do down Walton in any way, I have high hopes for him but this is exactly what we did with JFC. There were some making him out to be the messiah, clamouring for his immediate selection and then only to begin flaming him after a couple of bad games and decrying him as 'League One at best'.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The last thing Walton needs is to be thrown in to a side who compared to recent seasons are not as tight defensively and where communication isn't clear. That could ultimately ruin a very decent prospect.

However a few cup games as well as being on the bench and involved in the match day experience with potential cameo appearences for 10-15 minutes when we're 3 goals clear to help

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yeah, no it's not. Bar the cock up, which he held his hand up for, stockdale has done nothing wrong.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Personally I think Stockdale has the makings of the poorest first choice goalie in my lifetime. His positional sense is non existent. He has a lot of improvement to make. Agree that it is probably early days for Walton.

First Albion game 1962 well that's clearly a lie if you really think this or maybe you have been sitting by the radio since 1962

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale was voted online MOM against Forest, has been steadily improving each game, and has proven class. Now we kill him after one mistake ?? Jeesh. It's our failure to score that's costing us points, not Stockdale.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think he's the worst 1m we've spent. Had 3 solid games before last night but not up to the standard of the other championship keepers we've come up against this year.

D

Deleted member 22389

utter ARSEHAT.

Most of what Stockdale does is bloody good. He's reassuring and I don't get that "Oh f**k" feeling as I did when Brez was anywhere near the ball. We've conceded one goal in 4 games. Hardly shipping for fun.

Had one more of our 26 shots gone in last night, this would not even be a discussion.

Stockdales distribution is excellent. A few times this season his throws, passes or kicks have put the other team on the backfoot. Your right about Brez.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He set up a couple of excellent attacking opportunities - the OP is clueless.

Goal Keeper is his job
If Walton is good enough for England he's better than that worse than Sunday morning park football calamity clueless charge out effort last night.
McGee playing his 'green' buddy scaredy cat Henderson instead of FDM as we got relegated was, however, worse (thus far)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Not even close to the worst goalkeeper, or the worst error by a Albion keeper. Cast your mind back to Bournemouth last minutes of the game, and all Wayne Henderson had to do was pick up the ball, but decided to be clever and lost the ball to the forward who scored and we lost the game.

Also just consider our keepers in the mid late 90s, most of whom wouldn't make the squad today.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I think it's time to give Walton first team action now, can't do any worse than stockdale the waste of 1m.

He made a mistake, yes, but it also needs to be said that the opposition were good enough to punish it. A lesser player than Kenwyne Jones might not have got to it, or might have put it wide. It's very easy to talk about an empty goal, but you still have to be good enough to hit the target, and to get there before the goalkeeper and the centre half, both of whom were there.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not even close to the worst goalkeeper, or the worst error by a Albion keeper. Cast your mind back to Bournemouth last minutes of the game, and all Wayne Henderson had to do was pick up the ball, but decided to be clever and lost the ball to the forward who scored and we lost the game.

Also just consider our keepers in the mid late 90s, most of whom wouldn't make the squad today.

I said "makings", not "is".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here