Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So where are the goals going to come from exactly?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dominate play against a very poor team, create plenty of chances and yet come away with just one fluked goal from a defender.

Talk about their keeper keeping them in it all you like, but the writing really is well and truly on the wall now isn't it?

So where are the goals going to come from exactly? Dunk and Greer from corners our current best option???

May be early in the season, but I'm concerned already.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Agree. The hobbits aren't going to get enough between them. Far more chances on offer than last season, but once again (season after season) we simply haven't replaced outgoing strikers.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Yes we havent replaced the outgoing, but Marshall was outstaning last night. If it wasnt for him we could have had 4 or 5.

Was just one of those evenings.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Dominate play against a very poor team, create plenty of chances and yet come away with just one fluked goal from a defender.

Talk about their keeper keeping them in it all you like, but the writing really is well and truly on the wall now isn't it?

So where are the goals going to come from exactly? Dunk and Greer from corners our current best option???

A yard either side of the keeper each time and we win big. Cardiff got lucky. Our luck will change soon. That's football, I'm afraid. You have to ride it out sometimes. Dial-a-cliche.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have been a little concerned at times this season and 10 points from 10 games is not a good return.

I don't get to go to many games, last night was my second this season, Charlton being the first.
The difference in our overall performance was massively improved in all areas.

After every game, I have heard Sami comment on where we need to improve. In the next game we have improved. we need to make better opportunities was his comment after the Forest game. There were plenty of better opportunities last night... Marshall played a blinder.

No complaints from me...

Where are the goals going to come from??

If we continue to make as many good opportunities as we did last night, then the goals will come from defenders, midfielders and forwards.
We won't be relying on one player, who might be marked out of a game or have an off day, or get injured or sent off because he's had enough of being kicked every 2 minutes.

I'm happy with the way this team is progressing, not concerned anymore.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Marshall thwarted many PL strikers last season hes quality. If you knew anything about football you wouldn't have started this thread.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Marshall thwarted many PL strikers last season hes quality. If you knew anything about football you wouldn't have started this thread.

But he didn't actually 'thwart' any of our strikers last night:

52: Kept out Joe Bennett’s diving header from close range.
53: Got down to his right to push away Lewis Dunk’s header.
59: Saved a Gary Gardner shot.
67: Stuck out a hand diving low to his left to turn aside Bennett’s right-footed prod goalwards.
72: Dived low to his right to save another Gardner drive, this time deflected.

No shots saved from CMS or COG.....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yup, and the one where CMS was clean through and was 'thwarted' by the great tackle would have been a goal had the forward been blessed with more pace as he had a few yards start.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

We will, it's because it's highly relevant

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
According to BBC here are the contributions from CMS and COG last night in a game where we had 26 shots:

1:32 Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

8:29 Attempt missed. Kazenga Lua Lua (Brighton and Hove Albion) left footed shot from the centre of the box is too high. Assisted by Craig Mackail-Smith.

12:09 Attempt blocked. Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by João Teixeira with a through ball.

56:39 Delay in match Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion) because of an injury.

57:50 Substitution Brighton and Hove Albion. Chris O'Grady replaces Craig Mackail-Smith because of an injury.

66:41 Attempt blocked. Chris O'Grady (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by João Teixeira.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here