Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Cardiff (home)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I haven't had a chance to check out what everyone else is saying, going by those around me I might be in a minority here, and maybe it's just my frustration talking and I'd rate differently in the morning, but I think a good goalkeeping performance from Marshall masked a team that still has a long way to go.

Stockdale 4 - his relecklessness cost us two points. Sure he made a save in the second half, but it was straight at him, hardly enough to redeem him. I'd expect most keepers to save it
Bruno 6 - great goal bumps his up a bit, but he seems to lose his footing a bit too much, kept trying neat little tricks that were easily predicted.
Greer 6 - Decent
Dunk 5 - almost cost us the point with whatever he was trying to do when Stockdale made his save
Bennett 8 - rightly given man of the match, positive, dangerous play, thwarted by Marshall
Holla 5 - seemed to constantly play with his back to the opponent's half of the pitch
JFC 6 - Decent, but lacks creativity. For someone who supposedly wants to play an attacking role, whose supposed best position is supporting attack, he seems very toothless when we do attack
Gardner 5 - Grew more wasteful as the game went on.
Teixeira 5 - mixed bag. Looked strong early on, showing some of the dazzling form from his first couple of games, then seemed to fade, then had a bit of a resurgence, before fading again.
Lualua 6 - seems unaware of what is around him at all times, has his threat reduced by playing so narrow, but a decent shift and one of his better performances as a starter
CMS 4 - I want to show him patience, I want to get behind him and encourage him, but he is just so frustrating at the moment. He has such a poor first touch, on the rare occasions he manages to control the ball he seems to have no idea, his playing off the shoulder demands too accurate a ball when we play so narrow that whoever is passing has to pass the ball at such a sharp angle it will almost always go through to the keeper. I heard a few people moan because other players didn't pass to him when he was in a good position, but it has been too long since he last showed an ability to do something when he receives the ball that it is really no surprise his teammates are appearing increasingly reluctant to pass to him even when he's in a good position.

O'Grady - Showed a better first touch than CMS, which is a little surprising because the last few times I've seen him O'Grady's touch has been worse.
McCourt - Why is he getting so little game time when he has shown so much quality?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale 5

Bruno 8
Greer 7
Dunk 6
Bennett 8

Gardner 8
JFC 8
Holla 8

Tex 7
Lua lua 7

CMS 5

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stockdale - 1- Reason we didn't win, also punched unconvincingly in the second half
Bruno -6- great goal, don't know if he meant it
Greer -7- did well marking Jones
Dunk -4- poor in the second half ,almost cost us the game
Bennett -8- MOTM - Was our best attacking player, could have scored a few
Holla -5- didn't get stuck in , wasn't the link between attack and defence
JFC -5- I don't see what he brings to the team. we have much better options
Tex -6- Average performance , lacked quality in final third
Gardner -6- Started off really well and was impressed with him . But wasted a great opportunity at the end
Kaz -6- play him on the wing!
CMS -4- Lightweight and made very little happen

O'grady - 6- running in the channels was good
Paddy -6- needed longer to make a difference, showed glimpses of what he can do

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Stockdale 5
Bruno 6
Greer 7
Dunk 6
Bennett 8

Holla 6
Gardner 8
Tex 5
JFC 8

KLL 6
CMS 5

COG 7
Paddy n/a

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale 4

Bruno 8
Greer 7
Dunk 6
Bennett 7

Gardner 6
JFC 6.5
Holla 7 Good game

Tex 6.5 Some great stuff but also over played in the wrong areas at times
Lua Lua 6 A threat but more dangerous when playing wider

CMS 4 Poor touch, if not scoring offers nothing else

O'Grady 6 Not a natural goal scorer but held up well, won headers and brought others into play (should start with him)
Paddy Not long enough

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 6
Bruno 7
Bennett 9
Greer 7
Dunk 6

Holla 7
Gardner 7
JFC 8

Lua lua 6
Tex 6
CMS 6

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
Stockdale 6
Bennett 8 (Albion MOM)
Bruno 6
Greer 7
Dunk 6

Holla 6.5
Gardner 6
JFC 6

Lua Lua 7
Smith 5
Tex 5

O'Grady 5.5
Paddy 7

David Marshall 9.5 MOM *******:(

Last edited:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I haven't had a chance to check out what everyone else is saying, going by those around me I might be in a minority here, and maybe it's just my frustration talking and I'd rate differently in the morning, but I think a good goalkeeping performance from Marshall masked a team that still has a long way to go.

Stockdale 4 - his relecklessness cost us two points. Sure he made a save in the second half, but it was straight at him, hardly enough to redeem him. I'd expect most keepers to save it
Bruno 6 - great goal bumps his up a bit, but he seems to lose his footing a bit too much, kept trying neat little tricks that were easily predicted.
Greer 6 - Decent
Dunk 5 - almost cost us the point with whatever he was trying to do when Stockdale made his save
Bennett 8 - rightly given man of the match, positive, dangerous play, thwarted by Marshall
Holla 5 - seemed to constantly play with his back to the opponent's half of the pitch
JFC 6 - Decent, but lacks creativity. For someone who supposedly wants to play an attacking role, whose supposed best position is supporting attack, he seems very toothless when we do attack
Gardner 5 - Grew more wasteful as the game went on.
Teixeira 5 - mixed bag. Looked strong early on, showing some of the dazzling form from his first couple of games, then seemed to fade, then had a bit of a resurgence, before fading again.
Lualua 6 - seems unaware of what is around him at all times, has his threat reduced by playing so narrow, but a decent shift and one of his better performances as a starter
CMS 4 - I want to show him patience, I want to get behind him and encourage him, but he is just so frustrating at the moment. He has such a poor first touch, on the rare occasions he manages to control the ball he seems to have no idea, his playing off the shoulder demands too accurate a ball when we play so narrow that whoever is passing has to pass the ball at such a sharp angle it will almost always go through to the keeper. I heard a few people moan because other players didn't pass to him when he was in a good position, but it has been too long since he last showed an ability to do something when he receives the ball that it is really no surprise his teammates are appearing increasingly reluctant to pass to him even when he's in a good position.

O'Grady - Showed a better first touch than CMS, which is a little surprising because the last few times I've seen him O'Grady's touch has been worse.
McCourt - Why is he getting so little game time when he has shown so much quality?
Some of that is very harsh. I thought our midfield was very good for most of the game, Forster- Caskey had one of his best games for us, I thought he was decent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stockdale 4 why? Just why?
Bruno 5 lucky shinning the attempted cross. Nothing else of note.
Greer 6 safe
Dunk 6 good apart from having a Bruno moment
Bennett 8 mom
Holla 7 good
Gardener 6 ok
Ted 5 good then bad
JFC 5 still better options in the squad
KLL 5 why do you have to stop every time. Missed a very good chance
CMS 3 poor
COG 5
The tramp 7 can we see more of him please

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Why such low ratings? Even Stockdale wasn'too bad apart from the one error...

Stockdale 5
Bruno 8.5. (+0.5 for the goal)
Dunk 7.5 ( -0.5 for the missed header leading to great save from Stockdale)
Greer. 8. Bloody great tonight
Bennett. 8 Did really well
Holla 7.5. Great range of passing...
JFC 7
Gardner 6.5 some good some poor
Lualua. 8. Threatened
Tex. 6. Looked tired
CMS. 6.5. Made good runs

Paddy 6. Did OK
O'Grady. Much better than I expected 6.5 Held it up well.

Sami. 8.5. Nothing he could do about Marshall. Played well tonight.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That felt like a proper captains performance from Greer tonight. He wasn't taking any shit from Jones. I really like the partnership of Dunk and Greer. There was something very Bridge-esque about Bennett tonight and Gardner showed why he's played in the PL.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 3
Bruno 6
Bennett 8
Greer 7
Dunk 5
Holla 7
Gardner 8
JFC 7
Lua Lua 6
Tex 7
CMS 3

O'Grady 6
Paddy 6

No doubt Stockdale cost us two points tonight with an unbelievably poor decision. Such a shame as we played really well at times and generally dominated a side fresh out of the Premier League.

I felt our midfield 3 dominated theirs and they all played a part in our dominance. Other than the keeper my biggest concern is CMS upfront who really doesn't cut it at our level playing in our system. If Baldock comes good I can see us having a good season if not we may struggle unless we unearth someone in January.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
All scores a little harsh me feels?!!! 6 to me is adequate.

Stockdale - 5- One massive error lost us 2 points. He took a while to regain confidence but I feel he did so. I wasn't worried about a repeat but a shame he is not showing anywhere near his expected level of performance. What's going on Dave?

Bruno -7- He still irritates me immensely but I do believe he meant to score (then of course he tried it again second half, wastefully). First 20 mins he received and controlled some great balls. He still worries me though as he will lose the ball and leave us very exposed.

Greer -7- had a handful with Jones, but did ok. Some good forward passes.

Dunk -6- Not very composed, caught out a few times but also did well at others.

Bennett -8- MOTM - Very good defensively and going forward. More please.

Holla -6- Adequate, didn't really notice anything special or bad.

JFC -5- Sorry, I don't like him. Yet again awful shooting, poor corners. I don't see why he gets in the team ahead of others.

Tex - 7 - Some great stuff (passing and driving forward), some awful (holding on to the ball, taking too long, losing it, poor passing). Very inconsistent in both halves. Better than his last start though.

Gardner -6- Adequate. First half, seemed to be playing at rightback when I thought he was a creative midfielder? Not sure what he does yet. V poor shooting.

Kaz - 7- More involved from that start than is usual for him. Did get some shots on target but they were very central. He seems to have great stamina and was still involved and having a go late on - combined well with OGrady.

CMS -5- Ran a lot as usual, ball pinged off him as usual, seemed very frustrated and unhappy. I am losing patience with him. He seems so short of......quality.

O'Grady - 7- He looks a bit confused, he looks sooo League One in appearance and style...but he did some good solid stuff. The ball did not ping off him. He controlled it and moved it on quickly and to a colleague. This was much more than CMS did. When he came on we created several chances because of his work. Ended up on the left wing too often though.

Paddy - 7 - He saunters around in his dressing gown and smoking a Gitanes but I love him already. The ball sticks to him. He creates. I hope he gets more "game time". He could be as influencial as Vicente.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Stockdale 5 At fault for the goal but redeemed himself later. Distribution was good, especially one throw to LuaLua in the the first half.

Bruno 7
Greer 7
Dunk 6
Bennett 8 The best performance I've seen him give. Against a different 'keeper he would have scored.

Gardner 7 Much better than when I've seen him play before. Did some good defensive work covering Bruno.
JFC 8 MOTM A brilliant performance today. Very good defensively and solid in the middle.
Holla 6

Tex 7 Brilliant at times and turned their players inside out a few times but tired early in the second half.
LuaLua 7 Worked hard and proved he can play 90 minutes. However, he would be more effective on the wing.

CMS 7 Worked hard and caused their defence trouble but not given enough opportunities to score.

O'Grady 7 Quick and strong. I would like to see him given more of a chance.
McCourt He should have been on earlier. His passing ability is brilliant and showed his skill. He should have tested the 'keeper on one occasion after doing the hard work to create space.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Staggered how some people rated JFC so low tonight, he was stand out for us in the central 3, Even dead ball delivery was much improved and found many probing forward passes. If you can't rate him as a 7 minimum tonight he will never score it !

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Staggered how some people rated JFC so low tonight, he was stand out for us in the central 3, Even dead ball delivery was much improved and found many probing forward passes. If you can't rate him as a 7 minimum tonight he will never score it !

Can't agree. 6 at very most tonight

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
All scores a little harsh me feels?!!! 6 to me is adequate.

Stockdale - 5- One massive error lost us 2 points. He took a while to regain confidence but I feel he did so. I wasn't worried about a repeat but a shame he is not showing anywhere near his expected level of performance. What's going on Dave?

Bruno -7- He still irritates me immensely but I do believe he meant to score (then of course he tried it again second half, wastefully). First 20 mins he received and controlled some great balls. He still worries me though as he will lose the ball and leave us very exposed.

Greer -7- had a handful with Jones, but did ok. Some good forward passes.

Dunk -6- Not very composed, caught out a few times but also did well at others.

Bennett -8- MOTM - Very good defensively and going forward. More please.

Holla -6- Adequate, didn't really notice anything special or bad.

JFC -5- Sorry, I don't like him. Yet again awful shooting, poor corners. I don't see why he gets in the team ahead of others.

Tex - 7 - Some great stuff (passing and driving forward), some awful (holding on to the ball, taking too long, losing it, poor passing). Very inconsistent in both halves. Better than his last start though.

Gardner -6- Adequate. First half, seemed to be playing at rightback when I thought he was a creative midfielder? Not sure what he does yet. V poor shooting.

Kaz - 7- More involved from that start than is usual for him. Did get some shots on target but they were very central. He seems to have great stamina and was still involved and having a go late on - combined well with OGrady.

CMS -5- Ran a lot as usual, ball pinged off him as usual, seemed very frustrated and unhappy. I am losing patience with him. He seems so short of......quality.

O'Grady - 7- He looks a bit confused, he looks sooo League One in appearance and style...but he did some good solid stuff. The ball did not ping off him. He controlled it and moved it on quickly and to a colleague. This was much more than CMS did. When he came on we created several chances because of his work. Ended up on the left wing too often though.

Paddy - 7 - He saunters around in his dressing gown and smoking a Gitanes but I love him already. The ball sticks to him. He creates. I hope he gets more "game time". He could be as influencial as Vicente.

Agree with this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here