Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

University car park

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How is that working out this season? Is it running as smoothly as the past 3 years? Wondering as i am not very impressed with the Bridge car park.

jatw

Sep 29, 2014
Good for me, I practically drove straight out this evening. Even though it's busier, it seems quicker to get out so far this season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good for me, I practically drove straight out this evening. Even though it's busier, it seems quicker to get out so far this season.
Thanks chaps.

Do you drive out of the east entrance at the top? I always found that very quick in the past.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good gettjng out. Ridiculous getting in with cars queuing for ages when there were loads of closer empty spaces which the stewards weren't pointing out.

Jul 7, 2003
There was a problem at the Bridge last night as nothing was able to get out for a while. One of the stewards said it was because someone had parked up on the exit on the north side of the tunnel blocking the exit and they were waiting for them to return.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's dreadful, don't do it, only a buffoon would use the university car park, it's a nightmare.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its very good. Two minutes to get out yesterday. If you dawdle out of the ground it can take 30 mins. But compared with Preston's car park, for example (over an hour) it is fine, just fine.

I do a bit of external examining at the uni and I was pretty unimpressed with the arrogant and dismissive attitude to us lot that I encountered recently from academic staff, however. Given that it is probably the uni's most secure source of income presently, they really ought to shut up their silly faces, I would suggest.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There was a problem at the Bridge last night as nothing was able to get out for a while. One of the stewards said it was because someone had parked up on the exit on the north side of the tunnel blocking the exit and they were waiting for them to return.
That's odd as for a while cars were running freely towards the a27. That implies someone parked up and left their car just as people were already using the road and leaving. I saw a steward legging it towards the tunnel and then no-one moved for twenty or twenty five minutes.

It's dreadful, don't do it, only a buffoon would use the university car park, it's a nightmare.

I was in it last year. I think i know where you are coming from![emoji3]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I left just after the final whistle and after a brisk walk over the bridge I was in the car park and on the road by 10pm and on the A27 within 10 minutes so I have to say it is brilliant. Normally my wife is with me and we have to use the minibus so we are back of the queue getting out but even then I am usually on the A27 within 20 minutes of getting in the car.
Parking before the game is usually more of an issue but I was late last night after delays on the M25 and M23 and getting there less than ten minutes before kick off I rolled straight in barely touching the brakes from leaving the main road to parking. If it was always that easy............. :lolol:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
From what I hear many are still going into Stanmer Park on the 'I'm having a meal' or 'walking the dog' premise and not bothering with authorised parking. Don't forget to put the cycle in the back, and NO colours.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
The uni car park is a breeze. No probs. I was given the bridge last season and that was disgusting! No stewards, or if there were they were useless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here