Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

total football or total cock up?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
so with our RB scoring our LB having the best chances and being named man of the match are we witnessing a footballing revolution at the albion and the onset of total football. I for one was really impressed by tonights football,:thumbsup:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
60% possession, 26 shots of which 8 were on target shows progression in my eyes. I think we've played well in our last two games. If we can maintain our focus on the quick passing and movement, goals will come. However, we need to cut out the silly mistakes. One by Stockdale tonight and the free header for the Forest player in injury time on Saturday.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
60% possession, 26 shots of which 8 were on target shows progression in my eyes. I think we've played well in our last two games. If we can maintain our focus on the quick passing and movement, goals will come. However, we need to cut out the silly mistakes. One by Stockdale tonight and the free header for the Forest player in injury time on Saturday.

If Cardiff who were very poor tonight by the way had had 8 shots on target we would have lost by a fair margin, we are not clinical enough

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

We did the difficult things well and the simple things badly. Our football at times was stunning, quick movement, some superb long and short passing and lots of chances carved out. On the other hand there was the early miss when one on one with Marshall, the howler for their goal, several very poor individual errors (the mistake that led to Stockdale's excellent save, KLL winning the ball back and then playing a suicidal cross defence pass, bad choices when players were in aces of space). I don't want to see us just hoof it up to a big man like they did, I wouldn't mind a couple of wins though...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Poor old CMS, he did try bless him.
Leave out the old in that statement and you'll be correct.

Far too slow in taking any chance that comes his way.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
F--cling joking no midfielders no strikers all about wing backs who can't score keeper was man of the match because defenders could'nt put it past him,They are defenders for a reason, only once did I think what a great save all the others were routine saves but made him look good .Bennett was man of the match which I agree with but when he is the only one who looks like scoring it shows how poor we really are .possession means fu-- all .Our only likely scores are defenders how far have we fallen relegation material. with hypia

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
F--cling joking no midfielders no strikers all about wing backs who can't score keeper was man of the match because defenders could'nt put it past him,They are defenders for a reason, only once did I think what a great save all the others were routine saves but made him look good .Bennett was man of the match which I agree with but when he is the only one who looks like scoring it shows how poor we really are .possession means fu-- all .Our only likely scores are defenders how far have we fallen relegation material. with hypia

Sorry, remind me who got the opener again???

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We won 3 - 1 in that other universe where their keeper wasn't Superman.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Bruno who is a fullback with a lucky cross

Right. So one of "our wing backs who can't score" did score and the other got a deserved man of the match. In a game that we drew thanks to one goalkeeping error and a keeper at the other end who was outstanding in the Premier League last season and was courted by Liverpool. I'd probably re-read your post tomorrow when you're sober. There are so many contradictions in it you could probably stand for parliament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here