Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Marshall

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It pains me to say this but he was the difference in my view, top class keeper and made several very good saves.

And we are crying out for a player like Kenwe Jones who won everything in the air.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
It pains me to say this but he was the difference in my view, top class keeper and made several very good saves.

And we are crying out for a player like Kenwe Jones who won everything in the air.

David Marshall was quality in the Premier League. Kenwyne Jones is playing in the league below his ability. Cardiff should be a whole lot better than they are, their squad is class.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

Swap Marshall for Stockdale, Baldock, Kemy, Toko and O'Grady plus £2mill?

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Marshall was world class tonight as he was in the prem last year. Kenwyne Jones is the laziest player I think I have ever seen.

World class? Wouldn't go that far! He did well. To be world class you have to be saving world class shots!! Jones scores though so I'd take that!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Marshall was world class tonight as he was in the prem last year. Kenwyne Jones is the laziest player I think I have ever seen.

most of his saves i think you would have expected him to make. The defected shot was a great save the others were pretty regulation to me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
most of his saves i think you would have expected him to make. The defected shot was a great save the others were pretty regulation to me.

I would agree actually, people might change their opinions when they see the saves from Bennett's chances again. Very close to him and very comfortable, the deflected effort was harder but still routine. A very good goalkeeper though, obviously got high levels of concentration and low levels of eccentricity!

Swap the goalies tonight and we'd have won about 6-0

I don't mean to pick you out with this comment, but it's the first thread I've looked at. Pack it in with the Stockdale bashing. He redeemed the error with the save from Dunk's lapse in concentration and he set us off on how many attacks with unbelievable distribution? He was outstanding bar the one bizarre moment and this came on the back of 3 straight clean sheets. He made one error but played well otherwise.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I would agree actually, people might change their opinions when they see the saves from Bennett's chances again. Very close to him and very comfortable, the deflected effort was harder but still routine. A very good goalkeeper though, obviously got high levels of concentration and low levels of eccentricity!

I don't mean to pick you out with this comment, but it's the first thread I've looked at. Pack it in with the Stockdale bashing. He redeemed the error with the save from Dunk's lapse in concentration and he set us off on how many attacks with unbelievable distribution? He was outstanding bar the one bizarre moment and this came on the back of 3 straight clean sheets. He made one error but played well otherwise.

agreed trouble is goal keeping errors tend to lead to goals - which compounds the error. If one of the number of chances we created had gone in then stockdale bashing would not be happening. I am sure he might mention this to his team mates in post match banter!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
agreed trouble is goal keeping errors tend to lead to goals - which compounds the error. If one of the number of chances we created had gone in then stockdale bashing would not be happening. I am sure he might mention this to his team mates in post match banter!

He should be having words with Gardner for punting it over the bar several times, and JFC as well. I don't blame Stockdale for our not winning tonight, he atoned for his error but the outfielders didn't put the ball away with any of the very good chances we created, again. O'Grady didn't have a single shot at goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here