Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes roadworks

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Are there still roads just outside the railway station carpark leading up the hill into town. At the last home game these caused quite a traffic jam after the game.

If they are still there, where abouts is the road closed, is it before the traffic lights at the top of the hill? Can I park in the car park in court road and still get out, heading east, and avoid the road works or will I still get caught up?

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Yes Station Street still closed at the bottom of the hill where the pub is (Lansdowne?)

Is Court Street the road that goes round the back of Cliffe High Street off the mini roundabout?

If so then this will be ok if you turn right at the mini roundabout and then immediately left into the High Street except everyone knows about it now so might be busier than you'd expected:smile:

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
That's perfect thanks. That's exactly the route I was hoping I could take, it might be busier but it beats a 30 minute delay stuck in traffic taking the diversion. A 90 minute drive home is bad enough without adding on a 30 delay as well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Access to the station car park and Pinwell Road is unaffected in case anyone was worried.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Actually parked in Court road itself which is pay and display up to 5pm. I believe the car park is only pay and display (and therefore subject to 2 hours) up until 5pm also.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here