Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cardiff City *** Official Match Day Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Championship 2014-15
Tuesday 30 September 2014 7:45 pm
Amex Stadium

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cardiff City

vsCardiffCity.JPG

Referee: NEIL SWARBRICK
Linesmen: Scott Ledger and Edward Smart
Fourth Official: Andy D'Urso

Score Predictor

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Meeting brother in law at Brighton station at 5pm with the usual problem where to eat. Either near the station down trafalgar st or near The Level any suggestions. I know I ask this before every evening game but havent found anywhere I want to go back to yet.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Concerning Dragons

red-white-dragons.gif

This is the Welsh Red Dragon getting bashed up by the White (= Albion from the Latin alba = white) Dragon of the South Saxons and sent packing out west to Wales.

I always thought Bluebirds was a really silly name for the Taffies.

At the time Cardiff City appeared in their first FA Cup final in 1925 and took the FA Cup out of England for the first and only time in 1927 the club sported the coat of arms of the city as their emblem. These arms were granted on 26 August 1906. The shield of the arms bears a red dragon, the national symbol of Wales. The dragon symbol has been in practically continuous use since the Romans brought it to Britain. When Rome withdrew her troops the dragon remained as the symbol of authority and unity among the Romanized Britons and became their standard in the wars against the invading Angles and Saxons. It was from this emblem the war-leader would take the name Pendragon, and would particularly be associated with the semi-mythical King Arthur. To this day the red dragon remains the national emblem of the remnant of the ancient British people, the Welsh, and as such appears in the heraldry of many Welsh authorities.

The dragon upholds a standard upon which is emblazoned the bearing of three silver chevrons upon a red background They are attributed to Iestin ap Gwrgan, the last prince of Glamorgan, who lived in Cardiff Castle about 1030-1080.

What really happened was the South Saxons (White Dragon) actually won and chased the Welsh out.

Last edited:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Just feel like tonight is the night we start to climb the table. Defensively we look like we have sorted it out, so a goal or two can't be far away.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
D'Urso involved. Dear old percy starting the match 'day' thread.

were loose.

0-0

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Meeting brother in law at Brighton station at 5pm with the usual problem where to eat. Either near the station down trafalgar st or near The Level any suggestions. I know I ask this before every evening game but havent found anywhere I want to go back to yet.

Sussex Yeoman.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Got a good feeling about this one. No idea why.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here