Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA 15 thoughts ?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Personally I think it's no better than FIFA 14 in fact probably level with FIFA 2002.

Thoughts on the game?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I think it's a fair bit better than FIFA 14 in that the mechanics aren't so obviously broken (pace and strength seem to be more realistic, and you can play to one or the other), and it rewards holding on to the ball rather than lob-it-and-run.

It's also horribly bug-ridden right now (on the PS4 at least), to the extent where I wouldn't dare play on-line. If they fix some of the bugs soon it could be a decent addition, but right now it's only good for off-line play or on-line play with friends you trust not to exploit.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'm enjoying it. Feels like an improvement on 14. Haven't noticed too many bugs on line on PS4 either...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have gone through phases of thinking it is awful and then thinking it's OK but not the wow factor of previous versions. The team management bit is annoying me as it's slower to make changes and whenever I try to move from a striker down to AMC it goes to the right winger!

Last night I nearly turned it off in frustration but then won 4 on the bounce so am happy with it again. When I start losing again I will hate it!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Personally I think it's no better than FIFA 14 in fact probably level with FIFA 2002.

Thoughts on the game?

You might have to wait till later, kids are all at school.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Takes some getting used to.

You have to use your brain more too.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
The shooting is awful.

I know what you mean, but I think it's just different to previous FIFA's.

I've had numerous games online in Seasons, where I've had all the chances and convert maybe one or two, and the guy I'm playing has had 2 or 3 chances and managed to convert them all! I'm not sure if it's just that they're getting really lucky, or if they've just got the knack of it and I haven't!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've played the PS4 demo and I am undecided. I don't want to lose my Brighton squad I've built up on 2014, that is quite frankly the stuff of dreams, and have to start again. The demo didn't grab me as being miles better. Think I'll hold off a while and maybe pick up it around Xmas, hopefully the price will have dropped or there will be some that have been traded in available.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I really didn't like the new feel of game-play they introduced last time but FIFA 15 seems to have fine-tuned the new system. I like it in the sense that pace abuse seems to have been eradicated and that player movement and control is much more realistic but the change in layout, particularly to career mode, was unnecessary.

FIFA will never be a patch on FM anyway :thumbsup:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I like it, but i don't love it yet. I much prefer as mentioned above that it isn't all about playing a through ball and let a quick attacker run on it...which whilst was great last year with KLL and Buckley on the wings, it's now more about control and patience. Snap shots are much more realistic in that they will go just about anywhere. Strength is better as well: players like Ince & Tex for example will win most tackles and lose most respectively.

I still would like to close down the keepers though; I hate being forced to stand a certain distance...let me obstruct him, damnit!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I like the fact that when my Son ALWAYS brings the keeper out to thwart yet another great run he's now stuck on no-mans land and takes time to get back in position. Having said that I didn't buy FIFA14 so maybe this isn't so new?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Too easy to score, too easy to run through teams without actually passing the thing (feels like circa '11 in that regard)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Too many goals in the games for my liking. Playing on Legendary with Man United in career mode, I was mainly having 3-2 wins and 2-2 draws.

As mentioned above, I'm finding it very easy to beat a man and scored one goal by running straight from kick off with Rooney. Yes it involved SOME skill on my part, but I felt no joy scoring it.

Some aspects are brilliant however. The ball physics are vastly imrpoved and I can't as easily pull of my 60 yard passes as I used to. Also crossing has to be more accurate and a lobbed through ball is harder to pull off.

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I'm suprised people think its a slower game and more tactical build up needed. I couldn't think more the opposite.

Because it was harder to beat a man last year, you had to really concentrate on passing.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I find the passing much quicker and more realistic compared to '14. In FIFA 14 you really had to hold down the pass button for a long time to ping it quickly to another player.

I do however agree with other people that it's actually easier to dribble through the whole team with a quick player, and defending is more difficult compared to 14.

The goalkeepers are also much better this year. If you play against Bayern/Man City with Neuer and Hart in goal, it's really quite difficult to score.

My favorite team for Seasons has to be Dortmund as they're the quickest team in the game, so when you do get the ball down the flanks you're almost guaranteed to get a cross or shot away. Only downside with this is you play better 5 star teams quite regularly, and Weidenfeller in goal isn't the best.

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
Ive just finished my first career losing the play off finalnto Wigan. Game is alot harder to score, crosses and passes easier though. I like the fact they have improved the finals like walking past the cup and the crowd etc havnt won a trophey yet so dont know what thats like.

Weirdly paddy mccourt and mackail smith have been my top players

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Wouldn't know as trying to return our third copy as breaks down on ultimate team for some reason!

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Wouldn't know as trying to return our third copy as breaks down on ultimate team for some reason!

You'd have to define breaks down a little more precisely but if your problem is that it doesn't connect then that's probably due to the servers being overloaded. You just have to keep trying and be a bit patient. Or give up, but either way another copy of the game isn't going to help you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here