Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-match opera? Great idea. Said no one ever.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion fans are encouraged to arrive early at tomorrow’s game against Cardiff City, as renowned group Tenors Un Limited will be performing on the Amex Stadium pitch.

The trio have taken time out of their busy UK tour to sing, from approximately 7.15pm, favourites that will include Nessun Dorma, Men of Harlech – for our visitors from South Wales – and, as the teams emerge, Sussex by the Sea.

Tenor Scott Ciscon told seagulls.co.uk, “There will be something for both Albion and Cardiff fans, and we’re really looking forward to performing in front of such a big crowd.

He added, “We played before the 2011 FA Cup Final at Wembley, which was an amazing afternoon, but this will be another big sporting occasion that we’re really looking forward to.

“I’m looking forward to singing Sussex by the Sea and watching the game afterwards as, having moved to Hove recently, I’ve kept an eye on the club’s results.

“My son loves football and cricket, so I’m sure we’ll be taking in a few games at both the Amex and Hove from now on.”

Tenors Un Limited bring their 2014 UK tour ‘Show the Suit Who’s Boss!’ to the Theatre Royal, Brighton, on Thursday 9th October at 7.30pm. For tickets see www.atgtickets.com/brighton or page 14 of tomorrow night’s programme. Quote promo code 'Pitch Perfect' and receive £5 off per ticket. Also visit www.tenorsunlimited.com.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'll be having one less pint in order to get to my seat to watch. Enjoyed the opera singer previously and looking forward to the tenors.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Fine by me. Other clubs have something going on, we have Reynolds staring into the camera giving you the time. Should be good stuff.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was well received the last couple of times we had opera singers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do they know where Harlech is?

Perhaps they plan to make a return visit for the Blackburn game and entertain them with Ilkley Moor baht at
Cardiff fans may not know where it is, but they do know the words of the song, & sing it slowly, in tune, and better than we sing Sussex by the sea.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I liked the opera bird last time, and it sounds like they're performing to promote their tour - ie for free - so why not.

Should help people learn the correct words and tempo of GOSBTS as well!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brighton & Hove Albion fans are encouraged to arrive early at tomorrow’s game against Cardiff City, as renowned group Tenors Un Limited will be performing on the Amex Stadium pitch.

The trio have taken time out of their busy UK tour to sing, from approximately 7.15pm, favourites that will include Nessun Dorma, Men of Harlech – for our visitors from South Wales – and, as the teams emerge, Sussex by the Sea.

Tenor Scott Ciscon told seagulls.co.uk, “There will be something for both Albion and Cardiff fans, and we’re really looking forward to performing in front of such a big crowd.

He added, “We played before the 2011 FA Cup Final at Wembley, which was an amazing afternoon, but this will be another big sporting occasion that we’re really looking forward to.

“I’m looking forward to singing Sussex by the Sea and watching the game afterwards as, having moved to Hove recently, I’ve kept an eye on the club’s results.

“My son loves football and cricket, so I’m sure we’ll be taking in a few games at both the Amex and Hove from now on.”

Tenors Un Limited bring their 2014 UK tour ‘Show the Suit Who’s Boss!’ to the Theatre Royal, Brighton, on Thursday 9th October at 7.30pm. For tickets see www.atgtickets.com/brighton or page 14 of tomorrow night’s programme. Quote promo code 'Pitch Perfect' and receive £5 off per ticket. Also visit www.tenorsunlimited.com.

Really enjoyed it last time, so I would say it was a good idea. :shrug:

Looking forward to seeing them perform.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Doesnt bother me, was pretty good last time. Created a good atmosphere.

Some people just like to moan about anything.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Right, so the club hit on a winning formula with 'Sussex by the Sea', albeit accidentally, and they want to kill the atmosphere by having sodding tenors doing it. By all means, do anything else - who doesn't love a bit of Nessum Dorma, but leave GOSBTS alone, FFS.

Wasn't the opera singer one of the things Poyet spat his dummy over?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Anything is better than the infantile ear bashing noise that is made pre match at the games I have been able to attend .
Do they call it fan zone or something....

Even a Welsh tenor would be better than that......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here