Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feel a bit sorry for Toko

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spot on: English is just one of the seven languages he speaks. Perhaps it's him that's having a good influence on Kazenga.
Is Kazalese one of his 6 other languages?

If KLL's twitter feed is anything to go by a babel fish would struggle to have a good influence on him.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was really looking forward to seeing Toko in the stripes. I saw him outside the East Stand with a couple of young kids who I assume were his before a home game recently - nice guy, friendly with no airs and graces.

Yes, I feel sorry for him too, especially of it is true that Sami doesn't feel he has a future with us, as some have said.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
View attachment 59043

My mate on the right feels a bit sorry for himself for putting TOKO'S name on his shirt :facepalm:

There Appears to be plenty of room for a longer name..........Craig Mackial-Smith, for instance, Perez Adrian Colunga or Jake Forster-Caskey, to name six.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can't really feel sorry for someone whose paid comfortably and trains in some of the best facilities in England to try and make his start in the English / big European leagues. If he can't make it into our team at the moment he's obviously lacking something.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wanted by Oscar last January, decided to stay and help his team into the champions league then comes over in the summer to a new manager and new 'style', got to feel for him a bit.
How did he get on last night.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I guess it doesn't help that he's living in the middle of nowhere and not near many other Albion players, still I'm sure he has FIFA15 and his family to occupy him.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I thought he had a much better game last night compared to the Derby game. We were under the kosh for 30 minutes but by the second half the team had got hold of the game and he got to push forward more.

Him and Sami seemed to be the kids favourites for getting selfies with, I am sure these games will help him get the feel for the game in England and help him push towards the first team.

He certainly didn't seem affected by the injury he is recovering from, which is great news.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
He'll come good, there could be all manner of reasons why he hasn't yet broken into the side, potentially including:

- The arrival of Holla as the experienced 1st choice for the DM role
- Fitness levels. I won't claim any in-depth knowledge of the Swiss League but is it as demanding as the Championship?
- Ince already has a season on him for experience of the Championship so presumably is preferred as the backup in the Matchday XVIII for this reason.

Yep... all realistic and believable reasons why he's not getting the game time we hoped he would. Its now down to him to shine in training and prove to Sami that he is better than the other options.

(To completely mix sporting metaphors) The ball really is in his court!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yep... all realistic and believable reasons why he's not getting the game time we hoped he would. Its now down to him to shine in training and prove to Sami that he is better than the other options.

(To completely mix sporting metaphors) The ball really is in his court!

Sami seemed positive about him in the press conference on player. Says he has been training well and is overcoming his injury, which came at the wrong time as he missed a lot of pre-season. No sign whatsoever that he is not part of Sami's plans.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Sami seemed positive about him in the press conference on player. Says he has been training well and is overcoming his injury, which came at the wrong time as he missed a lot of pre-season. No sign whatsoever that he is not part of Sami's plans.

I can't wait personally. looked forward to him being a regular 1st team player from when I saw the first video him in action.

As a side note, the guys seems to be permanently happy. I follow his instagram account and he never seems anything less that ecstatic with life! Bet he's the life and soul of the party on a night out.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Anyone else?

Completely uprooted to a new country (don't even know if he speaks the language) and all for completely nothing basically.

I know, I know, they're footballers it comes with the territory etc, but they are still humans (for the most part).
Really thought we would see him regularly in the Bridcutt role. Looked mustard on YouTube. Shame he's not made any impact, due to injury mainly I think, plus the arrival of one D. Holla.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here