Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting tickets for a Real Madrid match - advice please

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
My eldest lad is 18 next Spring and for a special treat I am thinking of taking him to see a Real Madrid match in the Bernabeu. Does anyone out there have any good advice on getting tickets? I've taken a look online and it's not easy - lots of high priced agencies and the club don't seem to put tickets on general sale until a few weeks before after all registered fans etc have made bookings.

It's not a big game - home to Malaga - so I'm thinking perhaps of going to the stadium the day before to see what I can get. Anyone done that before? Do they sell out 80k every game? Alternatively I can join a fan club for €40 and get higher up the priority list - seems a bit extreme but will probably still be cheaper than booking through a ticket dealer.

Anyway, some other North Stander must have done this before so any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Was in Madrid a couple of years ago and got tickets no problem. And, no, they don't sell out very often. 15,000 empty seats this season v Cordoba and 20,000 v Elche. Full house (85k) v Atletico. They charge a bit more of you're not from Madrid and the tickets aren't exactly cheap but you won't need a mortgage. And if the team isn't playing well, enjoy the sound of sunflower seeds being cracked/chewed!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Just be careful wen booking flights that you allow for the fact that the actual day/date Of the game can be changed at quite short notice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We went to watch Real and did the stadium tour on Saturday morning and bought tickets for the game which was on Sunday. We was told at the time the problem with buying tickets before hand is that often the game is switched for TV from Saturday to Sunday with varying times for kick off. We flew Easy Jet to Madrid Friday evening booked a hotel on line for Friday Saturday and Sunday night in case of a change of kick off time and day and flew home Monday lunchtime. Just a word of warning Madrid is rife with pickpockets and I lost my passport and spent hours on Monday getting a permit to fly home. When going on holiday I now photocopy the passport and leave it in my case so I have all the details if needed.

Been to Barca a couple of times, avoided buying them from agencies/hotel etc. simply went to the stadium on the day before and bought at cost. My trip to Madrid wasn't as successful, it was v Milan in a quarter final, by kick off about 5000 were still milling around outside not a tout in sight. Take him to Ferencevaros you can pay on the gate!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barca selling packages without flights on MyVouchers and last week had them on groupon at £69 0r £99 depending on dates and oppponents. Playing at home to Real Madrid on 21st March, which is on that site.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I went a few times when living in Madrid and unless it's a big game they're not sold out. Avoid the south stand as it's the Ultras section. A game at Atletico has a much better atmosphere as the Real games are often full of either posh locals or tourists.

As someone pointed out, the games change dates sometimes so if you're going purely for the game then might be worth going through an agency that organises the flights and hotels as they'll be flexible with the changes. You can get some amazing "hotel" deals on Air B&B so it'll definitely be cheaper to get everything yourself but a bit riskier.

I'll happily give you advice on where to stay and what to do while in Madrid if you like? Just drop me a message and I'll help you out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here