Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Doctor And Our Players

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I follow Orlandi's blog because I think he's fantastic and he seems very willing to lay bare to a lot of the goings on in football. In his latest blog found here:http://www.am14.net/orlandis-monday-like-wounded-animal-14110/

He says he hates being considered an injury prone player. He goes on to say that the club doctor last season made a mistake which kept him out for two months.

What could that mean for other players such as Hoskins, Buckley, Vicente? I'm not saying theres a massive problem and beyond Orlandi's word for it theres no other evidence to support this however he does seem to be a water under the bridge kind of guy regarding his time here (his words when talking about the way he was released by Burke compared to how Garcia handled the situation).

My question: is this a possible problem which given our injury problems over the last few years (especially the first year at the Amex and throughout the last season which we as fans woudln't be privy to without a player like Orlandi telling us?

Its quite possibly nothing, just a one off mistake from a club doctor. I'm very much in the team TB/PB/DB/SA camp and think the club is in good hands especially given the really good players we've signed during the summer transfer windows in the recent years.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The club doctor in question has left, has he not?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
wow, thats a mountain out of a mole hill. could just be a case of misjudging the severity or impact of an injury or incorrect remedy in his case. cant extrapolate that out to others, especially Vicente that came with significant, if mysterious problem (hey, thats why we got the opportunity to sign him)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The club doctor in question has left, has he not?

...and whilst Andrea hates being considered injury prone the fact remains that he continues to be unavailable for a worrying number of games.

I would still have kept him but with Andrea and Solly both absent I might have been left cursing. :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...and whilst Andrea hates being considered injury prone the fact remains that he continues to be unavailable for a worrying number of games.

I would still have kept him but with Andrea and Solly both absent I might have been left cursing. :lolol:

Agreed. Loved Orlandi but he was made of glass, seemingly. But at least he tried when he was fit, unlike- latterly- Buckley.

Hope poor old Dale Stephens isn't going to
go the same way.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well we did change doctor this year. That said Orlandi is doing nothing to fix his sick note record. He has missed more than half of Blackpools games this season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here