Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton and Hove Albion U21 v Wolverhampton U21, Premier league 2, Culver Road, 19.00 KO

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
ALBION: Walton (GK), Barry, Hunt, Toko, Pappoe, Rea, Muitt, Starkey, Deen, Agustien, Cole.

SUBS: Davis, Smith (GK), Dallison, Wiltshire, Harris.

Looks like a good team, especially the night before a first team game. I was Impressed with Pappoe against Derby and Deen took his goal well.

George Cole keeps his place upfront after netting in the 2-1 defeat at West Bromwich Albion last week and is joined by Jesse Starkey and Jimmy Muitt in the Seagulls frontline.

Entry to tonight’s game is free for all Albion season-ticket holders on production of their card, otherwise admission is £5 for adults and £2 for senior citizens and children under-16.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• 12 11.jpg
    12 11.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 847

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[Tweet]516639623242850304[/Tweet]

[Tweet]516639635452481536[/Tweet]

Wolves include Connor Hunte in their line-up; he played for Albion U-21s back in March in a 1-0 defeat at home to Swansea, whilst on trial. He is the kid who seemed to have a very bright future at Chelsea - in January 2013 it was reported that he would begin his scholarship with the Blues in July 2013 and sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday a couple of months later. However, he was then surprisingly released before his scholarship began. Wolves signed him back in the summer, and he has started all four games for their U-21 side so far this season.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
[Tweet]516639623242850304[/Tweet]

[Tweet]516639635452481536[/Tweet]

Wolves include Connor Hunte in their line-up; he played for Albion U-21s back in March in a 1-0 defeat at home to Swansea, whilst on trial. He is the kid who seemed to have a very bright future at Chelsea - in January 2013 it was reported that he would begin his scholarship with the Blues in July 2013 and sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday a couple of months later. However, he was then surprisingly released before his scholarship began. Wolves signed him back in the summer, and he has started all four games for their U-21 side so far this season.

I may be off the mark but was he the lad who got in trouble over his conduct. Perhaps this is why he was not retained.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I may be off the mark but was he the lad who got in trouble over his conduct. Perhaps this is why he was not retained.

There were certainly rumours as to why he was released, although I'm not sure that anything definitive has emerged. It would, though, seem strange behaviour by Chelsea to just change their minds for no good reason after they had announced (just months earlier) that he would be signing not just a scholarship but also a professional contract.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No Charlie Harris? Most promising U21 player I've seen for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here