Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry the dog!

Met him years back on holiday.
I'm reliably informed by someone who knew him quite we'll that Harry is now dead

Indeed he is, I had the pleasure of standing near him at a pre season friendly between Crawley Town and Millwall c1985. Never seen/heard anyone verbally abuse a goalkeeper so much at any match since.

Harry Findlay ex of Whitehawk, well known greyhound owner and regular winner of the Scoop 6 also likes to go by said title

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

I love this one.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He's been dead for many years. At least 25 from what I recall.

Died of the demon drink, although as he had moved to Crawley that makes sense.

That Panorama episode is hilarious, it's like a Monty Python skit on the working class with the posh BBC voiceover.

Cold Blow Lane was memorable in my mind for Millwall scrapping with the Old Bill. Think I went there 3 times, we lost once and won twice, once in the playoffs. Strange how years on, despite never seeing any trouble between fans at Millwall-Brighton, we take 3,000 to Charlton and 1,000 (odd) to Millwall every year.

PG

died of the demon drink, although as he had moved to crawley that makes sense.

That panorama episode is hilarious, it's like a monty python skit on the working class with the posh bbc voiceover.

Cold blow lane was memorable in my mind for millwall scrapping with the old bill. Think i went there 3 times, we lost once and won twice, once in the playoffs. Strange how years on, despite never seeing any trouble between fans at millwall-brighton, we take 3,000 to charlton and 1,000 (odd) to millwall every year.

Pg

Can recall plenty of trouble between millwall v brighton in the 70's but millwall always had the PYSCHOogical edge,been to the old millwall three times 76 good friday and it was orrible 85 ended their long unbeaten run orrible and the playoff game orrible:moo:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Can recall plenty of trouble between millwall v brighton in the 70's but millwall always had the PYSCHOogical edge,been to the old millwall three times 76 good friday and it was orrible 85 ended their long unbeaten run orrible and the playoff game orrible:moo:

I was there 85 when we ended their unbeaten run, and it was 'orrible' (well brilliant actually 'cos we won) but I don't recall there being any trouble for Brighton fans, just a mass cartoon scrap of dust, boots, fists and 'ole Bill 'elmets in the Cold Blow Lane home end.

PG

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
He's been dead for many years. At least 25 from what I recall.

Died 12 years ago. I'm good friends with his son James who is a bit mellower than his old man when it comes to the football violence but is still as passionate for Millwall.

Indeed he is, I had the pleasure of standing near him at a pre season friendly between Crawley Town and Millwall c1985. Never seen/heard anyone verbally abuse a goalkeeper so much at any match since.

I mentioned this to James on skype earlier and he said "Yeah my dad did hate goalkeepers lol, been told before that he went into the goalmouth of one ground and nicked the keepers glovebag/towel from in the net when the keeper gestured to hand it back my dad put the spare gloves on and then stuck his fingers up at him lol" :lolol:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Died of the demon drink, although as he had moved to Crawley that makes sense.

That Panorama episode is hilarious, it's like a Monty Python skit on the working class with the posh BBC voiceover.

Cold Blow Lane was memorable in my mind for Millwall scrapping with the Old Bill. Think I went there 3 times, we lost once and won twice, once in the playoffs. Strange how years on, despite never seeing any trouble between fans at Millwall-Brighton, we take 3,000 to Charlton and 1,000 (odd) to Millwall every year.

PG
Mate, in the play off game there were bricks coming over the wall into the stand we were in. That counts as trouble in my book!

I was there 85 when we ended their unbeaten run, and it was 'orrible' (well brilliant actually 'cos we won) but I don't recall there being any trouble for Brighton fans, just a mass cartoon scrap of dust, boots, fists and 'ole Bill 'elmets in the Cold Blow Lane home end.

PG

I think Brighton fans got a little more involved at the goldstone although millwall always took the p down here tbh:moo:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Péter Shilton got thé most stick i bave ever heard at The Goldstone

I think you will find our very own [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] abused Shilton so much at The Dell in 1983 that Shilton asked the OB to have a word to keep him quiet.

Shilton had recently been caught slipping a length to some BINT called Tina, which had made the News of The World, and ENREST reminded the former England keeper of this for about half an hour before he was SILENCED by the rozzers.

It was the only highlight of a dreary 0-0 draw.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

PG

They did put out all the windows of the train taking us home though. The goal was scored by Mick Ferguson, to the amazement of both sets of players and supporters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here