Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Albion reunion for Oscar Garcia as he steps down at Watford [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia has stepped down as Watford's head coach, days before a reunion with Albion.
The Spaniard, who steered the Seagulls to the play-offs last season before quitting, needs more time to rest after spending time in hospital recently with chest pains.
Coach Billy McKinlay has replaced him at Vicarage Road with immediate effect and will be in charge for Albion's visit on Saturday.
Oscar said on Watford's official website: "I was closely involved with the appointment of Billy McKinlay, because I was aware that I may not be able to return.
"I always wanted an experienced British coach within our set-up, because it's important to have that mix of cultures and experience with this squad.
"I would like to thank Watford's fans for their kindness during my time here at the club. I will be hoping to see you all as a Premier League club next season."
Oscar was appointed by Watford on September 2, exactly three months after rejoining Maccabi Tel Aviv. He cut short his return to Israel due to the political tensions in the region.
Ruben Martinez, Oscar's goalkeeping coach at Albion, followed him back to Isreal and to Watford. Martinez remains at Vicarage Road alongside Javier Pereira as McKinlay’s assistants.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here