Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New dog in March

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Getting a new dog in March. Any recommendations? Needs to be good around livestock. We've had a couple of French bulldogs but tbh they were a bit of a pain so we had them put down.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm disappointed to learn you had a negative experience with French bulldogs. Normally, they have such a smooth temperament, they have demonstrated to be very pleasing for elders and kids.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This was mine

TBathMad.JPG

Vicious little b*****d

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I tell you what, Nibble- you won't believe it but there is in fact an EXTREMELY helpful website out there for lovers of French Bulldogs.

Their Contact Us page looks like the IDEAL place to email them with many, many questions you may have about these fine animals, or in fact any other burning world issue that springs to mind. Here is the link :thumbsup:

http://www.worldoffrenchies.com/contact-us/

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I tell you what, Nibble- you won't believe it but there is in fact an EXTREMELY helpful website out there for lovers of French Bulldogs.

Their Contact Us page looks like the IDEAL place to email them with many, many questions you may have about these fine animals, or in fact any other burning world issue that springs to mind. Here is the link :thumbsup:

http://www.worldoffrenchies.com/contact-us/

They look like the right folks, how did you hear of them?

I think I'll get them to post me a few sample puppies. I'll just bin the ones I don't like.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They look like the right folks, how did you hear of them?

Well, you won't believe this, but it seems like one of them must be a big Albion fan, as he's popped up on a few NSC threads today. Almost certainly a season ticket holder- I think he's the chap near me who leaves after sixteen minutes of each game to make the last flight back to Miami.

No word on whether he thinks O'Grady & Mackail-Smith would work as a front pairing. I think I might email him via the handy contact page on World of Frenchies and ask.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think it's fantastic we have such a global fanbase to come from Miami and pay for dog sitters takes commitment. I imagine he has been with us since Goldstone days. I may send a few messages, I've got literally hundreds of questions.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do let us know what questions you ask, and ideally what his responses are.

Unfortunately, he's not able to post on NSC any more :(

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Get a Border Collie, it will be comfortable with animals and is bred for rounding up sheep and animals etc.
It is very hardy, reliable and loyal.
It will run all day long.
I am not a pet lover, but my Border Collie is very useful around the place.
She earns her keep and is rewarded appropriately.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Getting a new dog in March. Any recommendations? Needs to be good around livestock. We've had a couple of French bulldogs but tbh they were a bit of a pain so we had them put down.

Not sure what you mean by, "Needs to be good around livestock" - if you mean working with livestock then a Border Collie as suggested by OzMike is a good bet.

If however you mean dogs that will 'accept' livestock without chasing or worrying them then your choice is very wide. We decided against going for pedigree dogs after having two Old English Sheepdogs, both of which had medical prolems due to the constant in-breeding.

We have now got two Border Collie/Labrador/Lurcher crosses - perfect around horses/cattle and sheep but not so keen on doing a lot of 'work' :)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not sure what you mean by, "Needs to be good around livestock" - if you mean working with livestock then a Border Collie as suggested by OzMike is a good bet.

If however you mean dogs that will 'accept' livestock without chasing or worrying them then your choice is very wide. We decided against going for pedigree dogs after having two Old English Sheepdogs, both of which had medical prolems due to the constant in-breeding.

We have now got two Border Collie/Labrador/Lurcher crosses - perfect around horses/cattle and sheep but not so keen on doing a lot of 'work' :)

Apologies, was a spoof thread towards a spammer. I am in actual fact moving to my smallholding in Cornwall in March and will be getting a couple of dogs so your advice wasn't wasted. A farmer neighbour will help me source a couple of gooduns. Cheers though .

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Apologies, was a spoof thread towards a spammer. I am in actual fact moving to my smallholding in Cornwall in March and will be getting a couple of dogs so your advice wasn't wasted. A farmer neighbour will help me source a couple of gooduns. Cheers though .

Well I certainly took a 'nibble' :wozza::lolol:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Dunno about a DOG, but I gather that a COG may well be available soon for sale or farming out. This one's a bit long in the tooth but totally benign, and never been known to attack. An absolute snip at around £250k.

Buyer collects.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here