Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apps that no longer work

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Following the latest upgrade from Apple I have noticed that quie a few apps are now no longer usable.
Which ones no longer work for you
My first:
Cards Classic (Spider and other solitaire games)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
have you updated your apps in the app store?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
IOS 8 made my Ipad 2 slow and unusable so I reverted back to IOS 7 and everything is back to working now including apps that stopped working. Apple have a habit of rendering older devices obsolete with system updates, im sure they do it on purpose to encourage more sales of the latest model.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
IOS 8 made my Ipad 2 slow and unusable so I reverted back to IOS 7 and everything is back to working now including apps that stopped working. Apple have a habit of rendering older devices obsolete with system updates, im sure they do it on purpose to encourage more sales of the latest model.

How did you revert back to IOS7? I am thinking of trying 8, but want the option to return to 7 if I want to, can't find any definitive sources showing how to do it.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If you have an Ipad 2 i would strongly discourage you from even bothering with IOS 8, it rendered mine slow and frustratingly glitchy to use, browsing on Safari was particularly problematic and slow with frequent crashes and periods of being unresponsive. Reverting back to IOS 7 was fairly straightforward however I'm now reading that Apple are no longer 'signing' IOS 7 if you try to revert back after installing IOS 8 and its been like this since last Friday/Saturday. Im not entirely certain what this 'signing' means other than if you try and revert back then it simply wont let you and you are just presented with an error message and are stuck with IOS 8. My advice if you have an older device and it is working fine on IOS 7.1.2 would be to leave it how it is for now and keep checking the various forums and subsequent IOS updates to see if the issues have been suitably addressed to make it worthwhile upgrading.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm going to buck the trend of this thread - i've had no issues with iOS 8 on my iPad 2. If there were, Mrs Grombleton would have made it perfectly clear to me, as she ends up using it far more than I do...she likes to play Farm Kitchenville Wars or whatevertheyrecalled. She's not a fan of Apple, but loves my iPad...no, i've never worked it out either.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I've got an iPhone 4 with the latest eBay app, which for some reason won't load my saved searches, just showing the revolving 'loading' icon, and not getting there. I think It will have to be the old uninstall/reinstall malarkey :cry:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
As of today Apple have stopped signing IOS 7 so if you haven't already downgraded it is very difficult to now do so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here