Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garcia replaced at Watford

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must have been pretty serious after just one match, Billy McKinlay coming in

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can only assume his heart complaint is more serious than thought? This seems a very strange otherwise...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd have thought he'd be next in line for the Leeds job when Cellino sacks the Serbian chap he's just brought in. Then again, Oscar is unlikely to be completely recovered by next Sunday, so...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poor old Oscar. I wish him well for the future whatever that might be for him now.

Absolutely this. Whatever you think of his football and the way he left he gave us a season of his best. Reading between the lines of that Watford statement he may not coach for some considerable time.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Think that's a pretty honourable if difficult call from Oscar. I'm sure he would have personally liked to stay on there, but the time needed for him to rest and recuperate properly away from matches and training would impact on what is a big season for Watford, they have an excellent chance of promotion.

Wish him all the best for the future. It says in the press release his health is no longer an issue, but other clubs will probably need some convincing of that.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
THat's a shame, would have been nice to see how he did t Watford. Wish him a speedy recovery and all the best for the future.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Poor sod.

Easy to see this impacting on his future career for a while, assuming that he wants to remain in the game of course.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can only assume his heart complaint is more serious than thought? This seems a very strange otherwise...

Not necessarily. His record over the last three years shows a man who gives everything for his family and only works because he needs to earn to support the family unit. People may say he must be seriously ill to give up a full time job in football but that is just because we are fans. I totally respect the man for his decisions. I think his wife and kids are very lucky :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poor man. Career gone from being promising young manager to a guy who is maybe now looking at a very uncertain future. Wish him well.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Shame - came across as a decent bloke, would have been interesting to see how he'd have got on at Watford. I wish him well for the future.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Running scared because of our upcoming game :shrug: :D

But seriously, hope his long term prognosis is good, he comes across as a nice guy. A year away will probably do him the world of good.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't do anything but wish him well. He does seem to be a rather troubled man, here's wishing his circumstances improve soon.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
must admit I did'nt like his management skills but he was an OK guy ,hope he is a lot better soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here