Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's not often I agree with a Tory.......

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
2015 General Election will be one of the biggest landslide victories for Labour this country has ever seen. UKIP are soaking up all the numpty right wing votes that normally went to the Tories. I'm proper looking forward to getting our labour government back and consigning the last 4 years of Tory dictatorship to the annals of regrettable history.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And if Labour do get back in, say goodbye any chance of sorting out our disgusting budget defecit

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Osborne is going to freeze jobseekers' allowance, income support, tax credits and housing & child benefits. Meanwhile, the cost of living continues to rise.

There's no way that will increase poverty levels and the number of people dependent on food banks. Nope. No way.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And if Labour do get back in, say goodbye any chance of sorting out our disgusting budget defecit

There is money swilling around. Difference between Tories and Labour is that Labour share it with the population, Tories hoard it for them and their business chums.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Long way to go so it might be wise for Labour supporters not to get too smug just yet. After all what was it Ed forgot to mention in his speech ? Ah .... yes .... only the small matter of the economy. I'm sure as the election gets closer people might decide voting for Bungle as PM and for Zippy as Chancellor might be a step too far.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
The Daily Mail readers on here won't like to hear the uncomfortable truth which is that most of the people in the UK receiving benefit are actually working people who cannot get by on the awful wages they are paid. Another four years of Tory rule and things will get even worse.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
2015 General Election will be one of the biggest landslide victories for Labour this country has ever seen. UKIP are soaking up all the numpty right wing votes that normally went to the Tories. I'm proper looking forward to getting our labour government back and consigning the last 4 years of Tory dictatorship to the annals of regrettable history.

Not all the time your have Silliband at the helm.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
There is money swilling around. Difference between Tories and Labour is that Labour share it with the population, Tories hoard it for them and their business chums.

Really ? There was more money handed over to outsourcing companies like Capita under that last Labour government than by any other government. How about the PFI deals Labour struck which have right royally screwed over the public finances ?

Agreed the Tories don't hand out the money to the likes of you and me but nor did Labour. The closest anyone has got to doing that is the Lib Dems with the decent increases in the personal allowance.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Really ? There was more money handed over to outsourcing companies like Capita under that last Labour government than by any other government. How about the PFI deals Labour struck which have right royally screwed over the public finances ?

Agreed the Tories don't hand out the money to the likes of you and me but nor did Labour. The closest anyone has got to doing that is the Lib Dems with the decent increases in the personal allowance.

Labour were generous with benefits ( probably too lenient on who got benefits but there you go), Labour spent money on women's services (refuges etc) spent money on drug rehabilitation, spent money on social services, social reform, the list goes on.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The Daily Mail readers on here won't like to hear the uncomfortable truth which is that most of the people in the UK receiving benefit are actually working people who cannot get by on the awful wages they are paid. Another four years of Tory rule and things will get even worse.

I assume we agree that the benefits you're talking about are things like working tax credit and child tax credit and that they are necessary for those that are low paid ?

I wonder which government brought them in ? Ah, yes, Labour - so for 7 years of a Labour government the wages of some were so low that the government had to top them up. The difference between Tory government and Labour government - almost bugger all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All governments are corrupt, labour as well. Difference with labour is the average person is better off with them in government. They are very, very likely to win. Rightly or wrongly I would be stunned if the votes went any other way.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I assume we agree that the benefits you're talking about are things like working tax credit and child tax credit and that they are necessary for those that are low paid ?

I wonder which government brought them in ? Ah, yes, Labour - so for 7 years of a Labour government the wages of some were so low that the government had to top them up. The difference between Tory government and Labour government - almost bugger all.

I will be very surprised if the Tories promise an £8 minimum wage, Labour did at their conference. In any case, you surely can't be criticising Labour for introducing working tax credits etc. the Tories, if they get in next year will set about further dismantling of the welfare system, oh, and don't forget to tell your granny that she will need to take her purse with her when she goes to the doctors surgery in a couple of years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here