Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
blackie-280914-ld229-1975651_478x359.jpg

Jay Blackie
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
09:00 29th September 2014
by James Hilsum
They usually come from corners, but I was really happy with it and hopefully it will be first one of many."
Jay Blackie

Jay Blackie was delighted to score her first goal for Brighton & Hove Albion against Queens Park Rangers yesterday and says the side put in a professional performance.Blackie, who netted Albion’s third and final goal with a close-range header, told seagulls.co.uk, “Everyone likes to score goals and with the position I’m in, I don’t normally get many chances.
“They usually come from corners, but I was really happy with it and hopefully it will be first one of many.
“It was lucky for me that the defender has cleared it off the line and it’s come my way. It was tap in from a yard out but I’ll take them as they come.
“QPR are a good side. It’s always a tough place to come to and they’re physical team. At times they had their spells and put pressure on us, but we were quite professional and kept the game under control when we needed to.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

James Marrs’s side once again created a number of goal-scoring opportunities and Blackie believes it is only a matter of time before they become more clinical in the final third as they prepare to face Gillingham on Thursday.“We’re creating many goal-scoring opportunities every week, as we can see from the stats in each game.
“It’s pleasing that we scored three, which is probably not a high percentage of the chances we created, but it shows that we’re working hard to be more clinical.
“We’re now looking forward to going to Gillingham. It will be a big atmosphere playing at Priestfield, but it’s another game and hopefully another game we can get three points from.
“They’re going to put up a big battle and it could go either way, we’re just going to make sure that we do everything we can to get a result."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h] TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h] SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h] saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here