Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advance Train Alert for Watford Away and Boro Home

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
On the dates of 4th October (Watford away) and the 18th October (Middlesbrough Home) Buses will replace trains between Three Bridges and Brighton, and also between Three Bridges and Lewes. This is due to major (much needed) junction renewal work at Keymer Junction and Haywards Heath Junction, as well as a new footbridge at Balcombe and drainage works at various locations along the line to try and prevent flooding as seen last summer. The work is costing £5 Million in total.

NO train services will operate at all between Brighton/Lewes and Three Bridges, with the only direct trains between London and Brighton, running via Horsham and Littlehampton. Revised services will run on the East and West Coastways as a result of the work.

Also an advance warning for Saturday 8th November for Blackburn home, where no trains will run between Brighton and Worthing due to pre-planned work.

May be worth using Seagull Travel for the home games.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Did not know anything about west coast v Blackburn. Thats going to effect a lot of fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
East Coast will be hit early next year as well - new signalling is due to *finally* be commissioned apparently.....only 18 months late.

Match day with no trains will be carnage

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Tells you all you need to know about the backwardness of the trains in this country that the engineering works can't be rescheduled for a day they don't have about 15,000 extra people using the service.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tells you all you need to know about the backwardness of the trains in this country that the engineering works can't be rescheduled for a day they don't have about 15,000 extra people using the service.

Really ?

Whenever it happens it is bound to affect quite a few more than 15,000 people - so when would you program the work then ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On a day where this isn't an event at the biggest venue in the county.

Just a thought.

But for some reason they need about 18 months notice

Yes they do need 18 months in advance to plan these things.

Perhaps you are totally unaware how many other people use that train service in the week.

Anyway are you actually aware there is a home game with no trains, if so let us all know

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Yes they do need 18 months in advance to plan these things.

Perhaps you are totally unaware how many other people use that train service in the week.

Anyway are you actually aware there is a home game with no trains, if so let us all know

I'm not talking about in the week, I'm saying they should pick weekends that cause the least amount of disruption - i.e. not in the summer, not at Christmas and not on an Albion (home) matchday.

edit: to clarify, I'm talking about Christmas shopping days rather than Christmas itself when I get that the train network dies

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

The work has been planned for 2 years. It needs this amount of notice to get materials and staff planned for the job as work gets planned at times to the minute due to the fines which get given if they overrun. Due to the planning involved, they cant just change them at short notice, especially for tasks this big which would otherwise need a full line block for a week, which on a mainline would be even more chaos. The work in total costs £ 5 MILLION remember.

The Football League chose to play the games on these dates, questions should be asked about them.

Oh, the East Coast works wont affect Lewes - Brighton and is scheduled to be sorted on the Valentines weekend where the Albion are away at Sheffield Wednesday :)lolol:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm not talking about in the week, I'm saying they should pick weekends that cause the least amount of disruption - i.e. not in the summer, not at Christmas and not on an Albion (home) matchday.

edit: to clarify, I'm talking about Christmas shopping days rather than Christmas itself when I get that the train network dies

See the post after your one, are you a bedwetter by any chance ?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Another reason the rail network is a joke, too many old fossils running it. 'Computer says no' people who think 'forward thinking' is scheduling in some contractors 2 years in advance for maintenance, rather than investing in long term improvement to the service. Same every time someone mentions the railways in vain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here