Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hong Kong protests

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Looks like it is getting a bit interesting there with pro democracy protests, I wonder how long till the iron fist of the Chinese smacks them ?

Crikey am booked to be there for a few days in February. Hope all is sorted by then!!!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I've never seen a protest quite like this. No smashed shop windows, litter cleaned off the streets the next morning and no violence. I'm slightly worried that things might escalate over the next day or two though :-(

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The ironic thing being that we never allowed the residents of Hong Kong to vote for the governor of Hong Kong - they were imposed.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have a friend who went out on a two resort holiday, Hong Kong and Bali last Tuesday, he had a heart attack on Friday while in Hong Kong and is only able to fly back next Saturday, we are all quite worried about him and his partner, but he appears to have come through the op,( two stents) and hopefully will be home, safe and sound soon

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The ironic thing being that we never allowed the residents of Hong Kong to vote for the governor of Hong Kong - they were imposed.
This is the big sticking point! Beijing will point to this and their statement is simple; " it's not a human right to vote, but a political right, and we decide our political agenda"

Such a shame that all this is going on, but my feeling is that the support for the movement might strart to vanish when the local taxi drivers, restaurants et all start feeling this in their pockets.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Interesting

DeliciousWiltedGreatargus.gif

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly doesn't look at all likely that it will end well for the protesters. At some point China will have to impose its will, same as it did at Tiananmen Square. :down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here