Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommendations for eateries that are good for Veggies

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I find Food for Friends too overpriced....but not been in for years.

Where else is good in Brighton and Hove for Veggie (not necessarily exclusively) food? I would like to branch out a bit.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Terre a Terre is beautiful. It surprises many. Their sharing board is a must.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As a confirmed meat eater, this place absolutely blew my socks off! I generally see food as fuel and rarely wax lyrical about it, so being coerced into going to a veggie restaurant did very little to inspire me in advance of our visit. Great service, stunning food and a good atmosphere, will definitely go again.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Very good service but thought the food was poor and other overpriced. Yes each individual item was nice but they sprinkle the same seasoning on everything and there's a surprising amount of deep frying going on.

My vote would go to Planet India. Fantastic food at a reasonable price. Best vegetarian meals I've ever had.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Foodilic isn't specifically vegetarian but plenty for veggies there, it's basically a healthy all you can eat.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not been for a while, but Wai Kika Moo Kau always used to be pretty decent

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
All mentioned but worth reemphasising

Iydea, Planet India and Terre a Terre. Terre a Terre isn't cheap but as a fully signed up carnivore, I reckon it's one of the best restaurants in town.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Definitely not Ella's sandwich shop in Queens Road - the morons put suitable for vegetarian (v)s on menu items such as tuna melts. I could understand places thinking veggies ate fish twenty odd years ago when I first moved to Brighton (Waves on the seafront being the biggest culprits) but to be doing so in 2014 - in this city in particular - is f**kwittery of Olympic standards.

Terre A Terre is lovely, regularly rated one of the Top Ten restaurants in the UK (the only veggie one in the list) by the Independent and other papers, even though they use 27 words you've never heard of to describe a single potato croquette covered in green liquid.

My mate is a chef at Iydea, and whilst I haven't eaten there, I had bits of leftovers he's taken away at the end his shift and it seems goodly grub.

Echo the George and Planet India. Non veggie-exclusive places that have decent enough options to be worth a visit include the Eagle, Chili Pickle and Pomegranate...

A lot of people 'boycott' vBites, Heather Mills' place, as she's viewed by many as someone aggressively using Paul McCartney's divorce money to buy up the entire UK vegan food industry (eg Redwood Foods is now owned and rebranded as vBites).

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Ooo yeah Planet India! The Bhel Puri starter (I think that's what it's called) is unbelievable. It just has everything - sweet, sour, spicy, crunchy, yoghurty. I could happily eat the version that has chopped up samosa in it every day for the rest of my life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here