Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Live streaming and XBMC

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This claim was made yesterday in a thread about live streaming of our matches.

"XBMC is the way to go for live streams"

Can someone explain what it's all about?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
i bought an android entertainment box off e.bay it works fine apart from the occasional buffering, came fully loaded with with all the relevant software and full set up instructions, brilliant bit of kit for £55.00, only draw back is the sports are not always in hd so can be a little pixellated (sp) but the films offered on ice films are brilliant all HD and latest releases i use the a-z facility and there are more films on offer than you shake a stick at. highly recommended, buy and enjoy as not sure how legal they are or how long before someone finds a way to block them but at the moment all's brilliant.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This claim was made yesterday in a thread about live streaming of our matches.

"XBMC is the way to go for live streams"

Can someone explain what it's all about?

XBMC is (kind of) an operating system that you can load on to a mini pc thingy that is great as a media centre for watching video and listening to music etc, it's got a really nice interface for display on a tv. I have one operating along with my sky boxes and DVD player that is distributed round the house via Cat6.

The thing to know about XBMC is you're going to have to invest a lot of time in getting it working as you like, it's not plug and play by any means.....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thanks so far.

Some people mention getting streaming of our matches in HD quality.

Now I have been streaming for about 2 years but have never had an HD live match stream - is this just NSC bullshit.

The streams have gotton more reliable of late, but still buffer and pixellate occassionally. In short the pictures are just OK on a big screen, but far from HD

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I watch our matches on my raspberry pi with openelec XBMC installed and use offsidestreams add on which I pay £6 a month and get all sky sports HD, bt sports HD and Boxnation HD and many more channels. It's the way forward imo and saves me an absolute fortune.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I watch our matches on my raspberry pi with openelec XBMC installed and use offsidestreams add on which I pay £6 a month and get all sky sports HD, bt sports HD and Boxnation HD and many more channels. It's the way forward imo and saves me an absolute fortune.

Can this software be installed on a conventional PC?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
utube

Yes, you can use XBMC on pc but it will need configuring, there is loads on Youtube on how to do it.

Thanks for helping out.

Many matches I stream come from Wiziwig and are foreign channels. Can these be picked up using XBMC and will the quality be better than using Wiziwig?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here