Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
A small piece in The Sun today,

Brighton boss Sami Hyypia is prepared to let striker Chris O'Grady go - just weeks after signing him.
Former Barnsley forward O'Grady, 28, is not part of long-term plans at the Amex and Hyypia would take £250,000 for him.

Blimey seems a bit drastic if true but I suppose it would be in both parties interest to get things sorted sooner rather than later if true. Would probably have to go out on loan until January and then sign I suppose.

oh sami sami

Sep 2, 2014
bit disappointed at this. we need to give him time to settle in and score a few goals to boost his confidence. He needs to score and get game time or otherwise this is the situation that will happen. Considering that Sheffield United wanted him I think he should be in league one. shame if this is true but its the sun so it wont be!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
May have worked out differently if he had scored against Sheffield Wednesday but hasn't looked up to the quality required at this level makes sense to move on, rather than just training and not making the bench when all fit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sadly at this moment in time we are a lower Championship side!:wrong:

On yesterdays performance and the way things are shaping up with the players getting used to SH system that wont remain so for long and there will be many teams below us come Chtristmas, in fact about 15 or so.

No doubt speculation will be posted on who we can bring in to replace him what price somebody will suggest Bobby Zamora?

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
On yesterdays performance and the way things are shaping up with the players getting used to SH system that wont remain so for long and there will be many teams below us come Chtristmas, in fact about 15 or so.
Agreed! We just need to get our strikers scoring and it will all click into place! A win against Cardiff & Watford next week will see us on our way! :thumbsup:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's hard to judge him as he hasn't had much game time. I think he deserves more of a chance as its not as if any of our strikers are scoring goals. Let's hope in January the club spend big to properly replace Ulloa but I can't see it happening.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Like to hear official confirmation on this one. Seems a bit too early to pull the trigger TBH.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was talking to an ex-player a couple of days ago and he said that COG can be a nightmare to play against, is strong, holds it up well and is a decent finisher. He also said COG was weak mentally and centre halves know this, and they will be in his ear from when the teams line up, because he will go into his shell. He said that nothing is off limits if it subdues the opponent, including using the race card against him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So it's clear he just needs some mental councilling then?he's a big lad and certainly has something about him looking at some of his goals.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So it's clear he just needs some mental councilling then?he's a big lad and certainly has something about him looking at some of his goals.

You say he's 'dogshite' then say 'he has something about him', don't get you at times :lol:.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here