Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The football League Show.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Introduction. "Blackpool got a well deserved draw at Brighton"

This could be interesting Manish. Hopefully you will give us credit for today. :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Holy crap. BBC showed us on top and all credit is given to Forest!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Good to see Claridge finally getting to cast his expert eye over us. We are not creating chances that's his worry. If we were creating chances and missing them things would be fine according to Steve.

Before today we had the third best record for shots per game in the division:

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues

Unfortunately we were close to the bottom for the percentage on target and the percentage which ended up in goals.

Stats would suggest that we are creating chances, but not taking them. The exact opposite of Steve's analysis.

Sarcasm aside, it was good to see that Sami understands the problem. He didn't, as Manish misquoted him, say that we weren't creating enough chances, he said we had to create more and better chances. From what I have seen, the key is 'better' chances. We seem to be trying to hit things from distance and through defenders rather than trying to get behind them.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Claridge is clueless. Lambasting us for lack of chances. I'd have taken that last year. This season however we've been anything but. We may not put them away but we are certainly making them

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We got a whole 7 mins thanks to playing Forest. Back into oblivion next week.

We are yesterday's news, fought off Oblivion, got the new ground, got the new training ground, no big spending new foreign owners demanding we change our kit to pink and our name to Brighton and Whitehawk United.... Nothing to see here...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Until we are top of the league, undefeated with a goal difference of +50 , we will get no recognition whatsoever from the FL show.

Leeds will still get prime time even if they drop into L1

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Stopped watching this sorry excuse of a football program some time ago,the analysis and coverage of most teams is so poor.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just caught up with it this morning and realised through the commentary, that was the stream I was watching yesterday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would appear to be catching.

It seems The Sunday Times believed the game was all about Forest &

Their manager
There former manager
They're cup tie in the week
There lack of goals
Their substitutes
They're attempts on goal
Their near miss own goal.

Luckily The Albion have a tenacious defence as you'd expect from a team with Hyypia as manager.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I also stopped bothering with it over a year ago. They make the pundits on NSC look good.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps some of the CMS critics could apply for Claridges job. This just goes to show we all see a game differently who is to say whose is the correct analysis.

Is it the view of the majority?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Claridge is clueless. Lambasting us for lack of chances. I'd have taken that last year. This season however we've been anything but. We may not put them away but we are certainly making them

I totally agree, I've banging on about how little Brighton gets mentioned on the FLS :rant:
Claridge is hopeless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here