Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many fans did we take today

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
OB said they were expecting 800, including an estimate of 100 POTG. It sounded to me that 100 or so were permanently singing, which is more than can be said for the winkers in red. Atmosphere? Well, I didn't get piss/beer throw down onto me from the top tier like I did on the final day of last season, so I'd say it was worse.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Our away support has been shockingly poor so far this season. We usually take at least double that to Forest.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To be fair the atmosphere was ordinary to say the least and I thought our fans offered their fair share. I suspect there were a thousand Albion (dont trust the count anywhere as I am sure walk-ups in the away end never get included).

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It was the second away game in 4 days, the other being a new ground. Some people are not made of money.

This is more to the point. Lot of away games over past month an this one for me has cone before payday. Last couple of years Forest away has also meant a lot due to the point in the season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Our away support has been shockingly poor so far this season. We usually take at least double that to Forest.

Season 4 and all that's gone before at this level,throw in the continuing "very hard out there" for many and the away numbers will be understandably down,coupled with the time of the season when we play- as another poster has mentioned also has an effect too,overall we do alright.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Last two trips to Forest were at the end of the season with a quite a bit resting on both results...

900 is not too shabby and no doubt we'll take 2K plus to watford next saturday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All of them

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Compare to the mid week game undrr McGhee and it was shit. Our fans have gone massively backwards in the last decade, away games aren't half as fun

We have a larger pool of fans to draw upon,therefore we could potentially get more attending away games,however when Falmer came along we all of a sudden had what we always craved,a proper stadium.

Playing at Withdean fans craved an atmosphere and away games provided it much better than the Withdean could,also we were very successful during our time there and that added to the draw for many for the big away days out,versus the big boys as well as the larger league games,besides we were a very big fish in a small pond back then..

It is all about the success on the field though with Albion,get us at the top of this division and we could average 2500 to 3000 away from home & very noisy to boot.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
We have a larger pool of fans to draw upon,therefore we could potentially get more attending away games,however when Falmer came along we all of a sudden had what we always craved,a proper stadium.

Playing at Withdean fans craved an atmosphere and away games provided it much better than the Withdean could,also we were very successful during our time there and that added to the draw for many for the big away days out,versus the big boys as well as the larger league games,besides we were a very big fish in a small pond back then..

It is all about the success on the field though with Albion,get us at the top of this division and we could average 2500 to 3000 away from home & very noisy to boot.
Agreed with all bar the last sentence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here