Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And another Tory goes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We will have a UKIP coalition if this carries on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One disaster after another for Cameron. At this rate Labour will just need to turn up in May 2015.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like the fact the pervert is obscuring part of a sign so it reads Bra tree.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hopefully Cameron will do the correct thing and sack this sex-case from the party.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A Tory sex scandal about the opposite sex for a change. Things are improving for them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A Tory sex scandal about the opposite sex for a change. Things are improving for them.

Whatever became of Harvey Proctor from years back ? He was in charge of Bill and Ricky. I mean Billericay sorry.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
We will have a UKIP coalition if this carries on.

in all honesty when the con/lib lot won the last election it was almost nailed in for a lab win next time around purely for the fact that people with short memories would forget the f in mess they had left the country in , and after 4 / 5 years would probably had enough of the pain caused to get the country back on the straight path to economic recovery.

it's all turned out perfectly for ukip, all,of the above feeds them, along with a big portion of the electorate becoming ever more of the feeling that career politians hold nothing for them, but are self serving idiots with no real experience of the working world, and more so they do not have a scooby doo of what the everyday person feels.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Whatever became of Harvey Proctor from years back ? He was in charge of Bill and Ricky. I mean Billericay sorry.

He owns a gentleman's clothing shop in London & has a sign on the wall saying 'shirtlifters will be prosecuted'. True.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
What is going through their minds when they press send?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It makes no difference what political party an MP is associated with sex scandals normally end badly for the politician,i don't see any one party worse than another in this respect.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This was a sting operation, the bloke was set up. Now his career and possibly his family life is ruined. But he lives in a 6 storey Belgravia townhouse worth"millions" so he deserves all he gets, the rich tosser. Was he any good as a minister? Who cares, he's a rich tosser.

This story is everything that is wrong about media and modern politics.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Posted about an hour ago.

MARK RECKLESS: Broken promises, Tory spin... and how Cameron goaded me to quit
David Cameron goaded me into defecting from the Tories.

Most big decisions are influenced by a range of people, events and considerations, and when asked to explain them, one has to be careful not to over-simplify, or over-emphasise particular events.

However, if there is one moment that inclined me towards leaving the Conservatives and joining Ukip more than any other, it was a meeting of the 1922 Committee which the Prime Minister addressed in June.

I was sitting next to Douglas Carswell [who has since defected to Ukip too] and I was called to ask the first question to the Prime Minister.

I asked him why, as we had just sent out millions of European election leaflets saying we had brought back control of justice and home affairs from the EU, we were now opting back in to every measure that mattered.

Rather than just saying it was a deal we were stuck with from the Liberal Democrats, Mr Cameron defended the European Arrest Warrant in passionate terms – despite the fact that as a backbencher he had spoken strongly against such a warrant.

His now apparently passionate defence of it struck us as synthetic. Advised by Lynton Crosby, his Australian image guru, the Prime Minister juts out his jaw and looks serious and sincere when making points, I fear now irrespective of whether he believes in them or not.

The next question asked what the PM wanted to renegotiate before his vaunted EU referendum. An answer, came there none. Instead, Mr Cameron told us that if he were to get back anything like all the powers some people wanted, then Britain would become almost like an ‘associate member’ of the EU.

Worse, he said that as if it were self-evidently a bad thing, rather than what most of his MPs and the country wanted.

Finally, the penny dropped for us that the PM was not serious about renegotiation. All he aspired to was a few token changes, which he could then present as something more significant, just as Labour premier Harold Wilson did in 1975.

The Prime Minister only gave us two arguments why people should not support Ukip. First, it would be a wasted vote as that they could not win MPs. Second, he said that Nigel Farage did not have anyone behind him.

Douglas or I might easily have thought, ‘Well that is easily dealt with’. It was as if Mr Cameron was goading us that we could do more for what we believed in within Ukip than we could as Tories under his leadership.

But, of course, there is much more to my decision than that meeting, and I have not left the Tories to join Ukip lightly.

I’ve been a Tory for as long as I remember. I have friends across that party and I hope we will remain friends. But I’m afraid that the Conservative leadership is now part of Britain’s problem.

For me, that loss of belief and trust that I experienced in the Prime Minister’s policy over Europe has been compounded by broken promises elsewhere.

The reason we supposedly went into coalition with the Lib Dems was to restore order to our public finances. Yet, in five years, a Conservative-led government will add more to the national debt than Labour did in 13.

And now the three Westminster party leaders have just committed themselves indefinitely to giving every Scot £1,600 more a year.

I also promised to help make government more accountable, so MPs would answer to their constituents, not their Whips. Mr Cameron promised Parliament its own timetable, free votes for MPs when amending legislation, open primaries to select MPs, to cut the number of MPs, and give voters the right to sack their MP. None of these promises has materialised.
We also promised to do away with Labour’s top-down housing targets that forced us to concrete over our green fields.

Yet, now I find that, under government pressure, my local Conservative council in Medway is increasing its housing target from the annual 815 a year we had under Labour, to at least 1,000. Permission has been given to build 5,000 houses in a bird sanctuary. If that goes ahead, where will it stop?

Despite the promised EU referendum, it is assumed that current rates of open door EU immigration will continue for at least 20 years. I promised at the last Election, as did every other Conservative candidate, that we would cut net immigration from the hundreds of thousands a year to just tens of thousands.

The reality is that in the last year 243,000 more people came to this country than left, back up to the levels we saw under Labour. I’m not always against immigration. It takes guts and energy to cross half the world in search of a better life, and I support sensible controlled, legal immigration.

But if my constituents are asked to accept the case for some immigration, they want to feel we are in control of whom we are admitting and in what numbers. And we have no such sense today.

The insanity of our rules mean that second generation Britons have huge difficulties to bring granny over for a wedding, yet they see our borders open to unlimited EU migrants.

I have had constituents, Sikh or of African heritage, saying they can’t marry the person they love, despite their partners being professionally qualified.

Yet, someone from France or Germany living here is exempt from our rules and can marry anyone they want from outside the EU without earning anything.

Does anyone genuinely support a system where we turn away the best and brightest from our Commonwealth, who have links and family here to make way for unskilled workers from Europe?

I promised to cut immigration, while treating people fairly and humanely. I could not keep that promise as a Conservative. I can now keep it as Ukip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here