Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With the Merseyside derby today

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But why, as with Palace they have so many more clubs near them, and most rivalries go much beyond football even for hundreds of years which I just dont see with Brighton Palace

You a neither a Brighton fan nor a Palace fan, so chances are you will not feel that derby feeling.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
You a neither a Brighton fan nor a Palace fan, so chances are you will not feel that derby feeling.

I have been to many Sunderland Newcastle derbies in my time and have been to a few Brighton Palace ones, I can tell the derby tension for sure which seems very different down here

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
good morning wakey

well it's pretty straight forward

pompey were too much for us and likewise millwall were too much for palace (i'm talking terrace football of course)

where do midd'boro fit in with you lot

I guess we're a bit like Boro,Sunderland have Newcastle,just like Pompey have Southampton

do Boro consider Leeds more interesting? but Leeds are always looking west

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
But why, as with Palace they have so many more clubs near them, and most rivalries go much beyond football even for hundreds of years which I just dont see with Brighton Palace

You appear to have no idea what you are talking about.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
good morning wakey

well it's pretty straight forward

pompey were too much for us and likewise millwall were too much for palace (i'm talking terrace football of course)

where do midd'boro fit in with you lot

I guess we're a bit like Boro,Sunderland have Newcastle,just like Pompey have Southampton

do Boro consider Leeds more interesting? but Leeds are always looking west

Boro are nothing and seen as a small town in North Yorkshire (which I know its not anymore as its Teeside) which neither north east clubs or Leeds etc are bothered about. Leeds do look West but again that goes beyond football and is to do with the roses - Leeds traditionally had the White rose on the badge and Man u the Red rose

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It got me thinking, is Brightons big derby game against Lewes? Shame its only pre season and Sussex Senior cup etc

Similarly, I assume the prospect of a game against Gateshead gives you a semi.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whitehawk shirley?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Or Seaham Red Star. Wait- is it Ryhope Colliery Welfare that you really fantasise about beating?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
No because Newcastle is a true derby match where the rivalry between the cities goes back hundreds of years

Fair one. That's a long time to remain in anybody's shadow. You have it tough.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Consider this.

"I'd love to visit Sunderland".

In the 4.54 billion years of the earth's existence, and of the 107 billion humans estimated to have been born during that span, I am, in all probability, the first person ever to type that, as well as being almost certainly the last who ever will.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Tom, for someone who started out OK on here as a non Albion fan, you've become a bit of a knob really?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Which is why its always more enjoyable when we beat them (which we have been doing a lot of recently)

Do you realise that whenever anyone reads "Newcastle v Sunderland", they are subconciously reading "Newcastle v place near Newcastle".

You're not actually famous for anything, except for, erm, being near Newcastle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here