Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simple Minds at the Brighton Dome

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Jim will sing all the favourites in a funny way to make them 'fresh' which will only irritate you whereas we will bang in half a dozen for fun

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Simple minds at the Dome? I thought the UKIP conference was up North somewhere?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I saw them in 1986, it clashed with the hand of god game. Jim Kerr stopped the concert to let us know the result after the crowd were chanting, he just said he hoped it did not spoil our night. Earlier when the crowd were chanting for the score to Lloyd Cole and the Commotions he did not answer but said "I hope you get beat" as he left the stage.....big booing for him then, and his performance was sh1t anyway.
The game for me, i can not see Simple Minds being as good now.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
After seeing them on the telly box at the Commonwealth Games, I would go to the Albion game, that way Simple Minds will at least be good in the 80's still.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I was in a band that supported them at the Dome in about 1984. We were 5hite. Met Jim Kerr afterwards. Worst handshake ever - like trying to hold a slippery, dead sardine.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I saw them in 1986, it clashed with the hand of god game. Jim Kerr stopped the concert to let us know the result after the crowd were chanting, he just said he hoped it did not spoil our night. Earlier when the crowd were chanting for the score to Lloyd Cole and the Commotions he did not answer but said "I hope you get beat" as he left the stage.....big booing for him then, and his performance was sh1t anyway.
The game for me, i can not see Simple Minds being as good now.

I was at that gig as well, Milton Keynes Bowl ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I've seen them at the MK Bowl, Astoria (RIP), Barrowlands, O2 etc etc and the last mid-week gig at the Dome (2013?) was the worst by far. Totally flat atmosphere.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I've seen them at the MK Bowl, Astoria (RIP), Barrowlands, O2 etc etc and the last mid-week gig at the Dome (2013?) was the worst by far. Totally flat atmosphere.

I went last year and had a really good time and thought the place was buzzing. Always find it funny watching us mid lifers trying to resurrect their youth with lots of post milfs bouncing around in their seats.
Jim and the band rocked and I would recommend it although I was fairly well lubricated but the way we're playing at the moment it's a close call

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here