Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone see galloway's contribution to the debate today

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not a fan of him at all, but his rant on Saudi arabia and the other Arab nations was very interesting listening.

Interesting that the area Isil holds is the same size of Great Britain and is held by 30000 so called fighters. He was suggesting that there was huge support for them in northern Iraq , so how can we bomb them out of existence when they are so few.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He's a racist, anti semitic bigot.

But apart from that, fine?

Seriously, at the time of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq, George was considered so much of a threat that there was this bullshit smear attempt whereby the invaders blew up one of Saddam's palaces and found 'incriminating evidence' of George being best mates with Saddam. Total garbage obviously, but an indictment of the smears going round at the time of any high profile opponents to the invasion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He has done some incredibly stupid things in the past but sometimes he seems to be the only person who sees things differently.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am not a fan of him at all, but his rant on Saudi arabia and the other Arab nations was very interesting listening.

Interesting that the area Isil holds is the same size of Great Britain and is held by 30000 so called fighters. He was suggesting that there was huge support for them in northern Iraq , so how can we bomb them out of existence when they are so few.

There will be even more support for them (proportionately) when they have finished the genocide against those who oppose them..... A minor inconvenience George somehow fails to mention.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But apart from that, fine?

Seriously, at the time of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq, George was considered so much of a threat that there was this bullshit smear attempt whereby the invaders blew up one of Saddam's palaces and found 'incriminating evidence' of George being best mates with Saddam. Total garbage obviously, but an indictment of the smears going round at the time of any high profile opponents to the invasion.

That speech he made to the US judge bloke was incredible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The most hugely impressive speech by any UK politician in most of our lifetimes, I'd humbly suggest :bowdown:

100% It's astonishing. And sadly all true.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not a fan of his politics but very impressed when he was up in front of the U.S. Senate and made them look like mugs.

Smooth voice as well, he should take over from whispering Bob Harris if they ever bring back the Old Grey Whistle Test.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wow. Very impressive speech to the Senate. And the American response to his charges was??

From memory, they soon realised they were out of their depth with gorgeous George and ended it quick.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I find George's political and social views a bit confused at times, but he does make some pertinent points.

I fail to understand why the Arab nations, with their not insignificant military resources, cannot address the ISIS problem themselves.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I find George's political and social views a bit confused at times, but he does make some pertinent points.

I fail to understand why the Arab nations, with their not insignificant military resources, cannot address the ISIS problem themselves.

Turkey are in NATO and have 250,000 troops plus hardware. The Saudi military Is none too shabby either.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

If the Arab nations didn't have oil reserves, the West wouldn't give much of a shit. But they do. So so they fall under the jurisdiction of self-appointed Team America: World Police

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If the Arab nations didn't have oil reserves, the West wouldn't give much of a shit. But they do. So so they fall under the jurisdiction of self-appointed Team America: World Police

Very true. I read Al Jazeera, for me the best news resource on the planet, and hear of the most awful atrocities in far away lands. The ones in Africa are rarely reported elsewhere, but then again, that's China's problem these days...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here