Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House sale question

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When is the peak period for house offers? Is it the new year? The situation is an estate agent is being a little pushy to sell by the end of this year. I think he wants the sale in his 2014 figures for his bonus. I'm thinking hold out and see what the new year brings.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is peak time for selling in the year. Personally I would sell as I think prices have peaked for a while and may stall next year

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Spring is the answer although if your property is desirable it doesn't matter too much. We're rapidly coming to the point where people will stop look this year as people don't want to move around Christmas and New Year.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
General Erection year is often when some, especially higher value places, are not bought until outcome is known

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
When is the peak period for house offers? Is it the new year? The situation is an estate agent is being a little pushy to sell by the end of this year. I think he wants the sale in his 2014 figures for his bonus. I'm thinking hold out and see what the new year brings.

Think you might be a little paranoid about estate agents!

Presuming it hasn't been put on market yet, from a standing start, very unlikely to complete (when agent gets paid) before Xmas. And do you know their year end is 31st December?

I agree with US/others, get on asap as market does feel like it may have peaked and with probability of interest rate rise late this year/early next, on top of election instability, your best bet could well be to sell sooner rather than later.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
General Erection year is often when some, especially higher value places, are not bought until outcome is known

This. People always sit on theirs hands in the months leading up to an election. Either put it on now and give it a good go over the next couple of months or wait till the election and fall out is over.

I thought people sat on their hands leading up to an erection to make it feel like someone else was doing it!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think you might be a little paranoid about estate agents!

Presuming it hasn't been put on market yet, from a standing start, very unlikely to complete (when agent gets paid) before Xmas. And do you know their year end is 31st December?

I agree with US/others, get on asap as market does feel like it may have peaked and with probability of interest rate rise late this year/early next, on top of election instability, your best bet could well be to sell sooner rather than later.

I know and have known quite a few estate agents (owners and staff), and they openly say that it is very much target driven now, monthly, weekly, you name it. Pressure to get in early each day for the bonding/rousing gathering round a desk, to discuss which parties each is goung to chase that day to get deals done.

The remaining one or two olde worldy estate agents in the Brighton-Lewes area that are laid back with late daily openings and no push on targets, generally don't do well.

An agreed sale in late September has a fantastic chance of completing this side of Christmas, even allowing for the inevitable dragging of feet by solicitors.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here