Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Who release new song - tribute to Daft Punk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Really, really don't this works. The music's okay, a bit gentle by their standards but the lyrics are appalling.

http://pitchfork.com/news/56869-the...-from-forthcoming-definitive-hits-collection/

And the new greatest hits album cover that it's going to be on in time for Christmas looks like a Kylie Minogue one from the early 90s.

2vte1jq.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not a lot of cop. The "Be Lucky" part is what Roger has said and written on every autograph for years. A nice idea, but doesn't really translate into decent lyrics.

A bit... meh.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
That's a little harsh on Kylie!

Who knows when they'll stop? But let's hope it's soon, hey?!? As with all bands of their era (still with us), their new stuff is just made s h i t by comparison to the scorching brilliance of past endeavours.

Seriously if my Grandad when in his 70s had said: Hey Steve, I'm going to record a ROCK track/album errrmmm Grandad, have you had yer meds. today? Too old to rock and roll, but certainly old enough to die... hmmmm it's time to call it a day...

Kosh

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The chorus sounds like a filler track from Queen, the Daft Punk track has to be a contender for my overrated song of the decade and clearly the Friday feeling hasn't made an appearance in my neck of the woods yet.

I don't agree with this old guys should retire thing, with the exception of Paul McCartney, who really should just fade away gracefully. I loved the late stuff that Johnny Cash sang, his voice took on a whole new layer and there was signs of something similar developing with Roger Daltrey on the Wilko Johnson collaboration.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Heard it yesterday and thought it was f***ing dreadful.

Reminded me of a really bad Dennis Waterman theme tune for an even worse BBC series.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't agree with this old guys should retire thing, with the exception of Paul McCartney, who really should just fade away gracefully. I loved the late stuff that Johnny Cash sang, his voice took on a whole new layer and there was signs of something similar developing with Roger Daltrey on the Wilko Johnson collaboration.

I think it depends on circumstances. There's plenty of old farts just doing the rounds with greatest hits tours (Specials, Stone Roses) and lots of solo artists that ran out of ideas years ago so resort to covers albums (Weller, Stewart, Costello...). Personally I'm not a fan of that last Cash covers album. Far too mawkish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here